Wolf Pack staying in Hartford!

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
cant wait till that one poster turns this thread into "the rangers will be perfect for Albany thread".........

Albany's reality after losing the Devils to Binghamton, and Adirondack's presence there, between the territory restriction among other issues likely stops that tangent.

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
cant wait till that one poster turns this thread into "the rangers will be perfect for Albany thread".........

The Rangers signing with Hartford was totally expected by Albany, that is why they (Albany County/Arena officials) said they were not focused on hockey in the near future. That's the whole reason they pursued a team in the Arena Football League. However, with all that said the AHL Rangers would in fact be the best fit for Albany lol, I think many believe same. Hartford at the moment may be a better fit for the Rangers based on their lease and other financials but that has no relevance to how fans in greater Albany would be in support of a Rangers affiliated team. You can guess, speculate, or think otherwise but it doesn't mean much. I can assure you, nobody in Albany is heartbroken over the Devils departure. Albany fans are still treated to solid hockey with two DI schools, many players playing in the AHL/NHL have all played solid college careers at Union, RPI, and the their opposing teams. Albany fans also have the option of the ECHL Thunder whom quite possibly next season might be a Rangers/Tampa affiliation.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I want Hartford to have another team affiliated with them. Always saw Tampa Bay being a great fit there.

I'd like the Rangers to bring an AHL team back to Portland, Maine. As for Syracuse, if I were to think of a good affiliate for them I'd say New Jersey.

Would be cool to see Indianapolis get an AHL team. I'd go further into detail on it, but personally, I don't know what their status is.

Captain Crash

Apr 9, 2015
I want Hartford to have another team affiliated with them. Always saw Tampa Bay being a great fit there.

I'd like the Rangers to bring an AHL team back to Portland, Maine. As for Syracuse, if I were to think of a good affiliate for them I'd say New Jersey.

Would be cool to see Indianapolis get an AHL team. I'd go further into detail on it, but personally, I don't know what their status is.

What is any of this based on?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

Spectra already is recreating its success that began in 1977, I don't think they wanted to sell the franchise in 1983, and that's why the Phantoms returned in 1997, but the AHL Ship has sailed on Worcester, Manchester, Adirondack, and St. John's now all either maintaining hockey or returning hockey, in the ECHL... Spectra also assists MSG with the business ops in Hartford, this is not Rangers territory, makar, it is/was Flyers territory, despite New Jersey and later Boston before the transfer to Providence.... when Portland did return we had Washington, Anaheim, Buffalo, Arizona, and Florida, before that transfer to Springfield.... MSG is the Rangers, what connection do they have in New England, when XL is 70 miles from MSG, Bridgeport essentially replaced New Haven for the rivalry purpose, and the Islanders and Rangers seem to co-exist in CT, enough to schedule exhibition games in Bridgeport, which has been announced for 2018/19.... It likely is expected, even though, Spectra owns the Portland franchise, Boston likely returns as the affiliate, if the pattern of clubs surrounding the parent is holding true.

Indianapolis has the ECHL Fuel AS WELL, along with various USHL teams because the Pacers/Bankers Life Fieldhouse basically dominate that market, something the AHL tried with Kentucky (USA Hockey/Rupp Arena, with backing from San Jose (now the Barracuda), After stints in both Cleveland (where Dan Gilbert is now king, and wanted his own franchise, now the Cleveland (Lake Erie) Monsters; Louisville, then because of the rivalry between Lexington and Louisville, had their own team, for only 2 seasons.... that ownership group were a bunch of frauds, and killed franchises between Port Huron, Elmira, and Louisville, with Elmira surviving the longest until the ECHL terminated their franchise 2 years ago.

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis

Indianapolis, while feasible in a scheduling perspective (Chicago, Rockford, Milwaukee, Grand Rapids, Cleveland) probably won't happen. It's only been four years, but the Indiana Hockey Corp. has already planted their roots deep in the city with renovations and public awareness. Only way I see Indianapolis getting an AHL team is if there was a trade like 2014-15 where we create an AHL Fuel and the old city gets the ECHL team.

Besides, given my stance on the league with the Pacific Division nonsense, I'm much happier supporting the ECHL.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
As a lifelong Ranger fan and Albany resident, I will tell you that I would buy season tickets to a Ranger affiliate team in Albany, and I wouldn't go watch those future Devils players if they were playing in my yard for free. Even if I couldn't go to half the games I would buy those tickets to support the team.

Reactions: JMCx4

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
As a lifelong Ranger fan and Albany resident, I will tell you that I would buy season tickets to a Ranger affiliate team in Albany, and I wouldn't go watch those future Devils players if they were playing in my yard for free. Even if I couldn't go to half the games I would buy those tickets to support the team.

My relatives from up that way (Big time Ranger Fans) from Clifton Park & Saratoga NY just got season tickets to Albany's new arena football team. Sent me pictures from Saturday nights home opener, a sell out of almost 14,000. They said the way the media covers arena football, the way the business community is embracing the arena football league, but most importantly the way the Albany Empire's ownership is doing business in Albany it should send a strong message that if an organization fails to attract fans it is because the organization should shoulder some of the blame. They to have said they would secure season tickets to an AHL or even ECHL Rangers affiliated club down in Albany.

The Devils organization failed to connect with that community on many fronts. Fans up that way for years cheered on the Albany River Rats, not so much the Devils organization. The Devils for several years played "home" games in Atlantic City, not to mention a yearly game in Newark (a dump!), and nobody in the Devils organization would listen to the fans who pretty much begged for 7pm starts on Saturdays. That area would support a well run Rangers affiliate, they supported the Devils well until their return in 2010, nobody wanted them except Devils fans. That area is a New York City, New England sports market. My relatives took in the ECHL Thunder on Friday, then a sold out arena football league game on Saturday. The only fans missing out on good sports in the Albany area are die hard Devils fans. NJ will soon be playing golf, and their AHL club like more often then not is already done.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
My relatives from up that way (Big time Ranger Fans) from Clifton Park & Saratoga NY just got season tickets to Albany's new arena football team. Sent me pictures from Saturday nights home opener, a sell out of almost 14,000. They said the way the media covers arena football, the way the business community is embracing the arena football league, but most importantly the way the Albany Empire's ownership is doing business in Albany it should send a strong message that if an organization fails to attract fans it is because the organization should shoulder some of the blame. They to have said they would secure season tickets to an AHL or even ECHL Rangers affiliated club down in Albany.

The Devils organization failed to connect with that community on many fronts. Fans up that way for years cheered on the Albany River Rats, not so much the Devils organization. The Devils for several years played "home" games in Atlantic City, not to mention a yearly game in Newark (a dump!), and nobody in the Devils organization would listen to the fans who pretty much begged for 7pm starts on Saturdays. That area would support a well run Rangers affiliate, they supported the Devils well until their return in 2010, nobody wanted them except Devils fans. That area is a New York City, New England sports market. My relatives took in the ECHL Thunder on Friday, then a sold out arena football league game on Saturday. The only fans missing out on good sports in the Albany area are die hard Devils fans. NJ will soon be playing golf, and their AHL club like more often then not is already done.

there won't ever be a Rangers affiliated club in Albany, in either league, get used to it.... the Rangers are committed to Portland long-term, and ever read the Ranger boards, NS? Charlotte split with them only because they wanted to switch leagues, Greenville is an open question now, but that was a mutual decision.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
there won't ever be a Rangers affiliated club in Albany, in either league, get used to it.... the Rangers are committed to Portland long-term, and ever read the Ranger boards, NS? Charlotte split with them only because they wanted to switch leagues, Greenville is an open question now, but that was a mutual decision.

Do you have proof of this or is this just speculation

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014
Do you have proof of this or is this just speculation

No he doesn't have proof of anything, not sure what relevance in Portland, Charlotte, or Greenville he is talking about. ECHL affiliations often are not for long term, especially when there is still more league shuffling going on. The Rangers already tried about four years to put their team in Albany (a move that the previous Devils management blocked), they wanted the Devils to voluntarily move from Albany but the Devils being the Devils blocked the efforts, expecting Albany to honor their end of the contract. To be frank Albany really doesn't want an ECHL team, Albany as they did for arena football will wait for the best option instead of just throwing a team on the ice like they did in 2010 with the Devils. Albany gave the Devils a lot more then what the Devils gave the fans.

I think Portland securing the Rangers affiliate is a good thing, even though the ECHL affiliations (more like partnerships) with the NHL clubs are pretty much embellished but do serve purpose. ECHL clubs are all about their own local identity, most ECHL clubs don't over promote their affiliations. Adirondack's success this season has mostly come from contributions from players other then from the Devils organization. I do have to believe however though Adirondack is a better fit for a Rangers partnership then any other ECHL team, just as Boston would be a better fit for Portland, Worcester, or ugh Manchester lol.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
No he doesn't have proof of anything, not sure what relevance in Portland, Charlotte, or Greenville he is talking about. ECHL affiliations often are not for long term, especially when there is still more league shuffling going on. The Rangers already tried about four years to put their team in Albany (a move that the previous Devils management blocked), they wanted the Devils to voluntarily move from Albany but the Devils being the Devils blocked the efforts, expecting Albany to honor their end of the contract. To be frank Albany really doesn't want an ECHL team, Albany as they did for arena football will wait for the best option instead of just throwing a team on the ice like they did in 2010 with the Devils. Albany gave the Devils a lot more then what the Devils gave the fans.

I think Portland securing the Rangers affiliate is a good thing, even though the ECHL affiliations (more like partnerships) with the NHL clubs are pretty much embellished but do serve purpose. ECHL clubs are all about their own local identity, most ECHL clubs don't over promote their affiliations. Adirondack's success this season has mostly come from contributions from players other then from the Devils organization. I do have to believe however though Adirondack is a better fit for a Rangers partnership then any other ECHL team, just as Boston would be a better fit for Portland, Worcester, or ugh Manchester lol.
and axe, like you Albanysquad, know little about what the Rangers have stated, much less DOES THIS BOARD AND FORUM CARE ABOUT Albany..... IF YOU Had paid ANY ATTENTION, Albanysquad, the Rangers were the only choice to be interested in PORTLAND AND you've been trashing Binghamton fans to boot, Albanysquad:rolleyes::ha::mad:

Reactions: Devils Dominion

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
and axe, like you Albanysquad, know little about what the Rangers have stated, much less DOES THIS BOARD AND FORUM CARE ABOUT Albany..... IF YOU Had paid ANY ATTENTION, Albanysquad, the Rangers were the only choice to be interested in PORTLAND AND you've been trashing Binghamton fans to boot, Albanysquad:rolleyes::ha::mad:

Hutch...I just asked you a simple question...I really don't care about your pissing contest with everyone on here or "those who know nothing" according to you. All I asked was if you had any proof of what you posted...simple question.

BUT i will say this once and only once...It is responses like this one from you that is 100% the reason I and many other people refuse to post anything on here and truthfully is also why a lot of people don't even READ these boards anymore. It gets real tiresome and truthfully becomes a total waste of mine and everyone else's time to have to continue to read post from you about how we are all stupid...no one knows anything compared to you...you have the most connections of anyone and everyone known to the hockey world and we are all just stupid for even questioning your knowledge or connections. Pretty soon the only person posting on here will be you...who will you argue with then??

So AGAIN...Are you just speculating or do you have some sort of proof about what you said? My opinion is if the Rangers move to Portland whether it be an ECHL or AHL team...then FANTASTIC because Portland would have AHL hockey again...if not then they can be glad that they have an ECHL team.

Nightsquad

Jan 25, 2014

You don't read very well, but that's okay. Nowhere in this thread have I trashed any Binghamton fans. Second, paid attention to what? I even said I think that was good news that Portland is going to have an arrangement with the Rangers organization, its a good fit since Hartford is not all that far away, plain and simple. Axecrew just asked a simple question of you after you made a broad blanket statement, he deserved a simple answer. Your speak is irrational, not necessarily any kind of significant gospel. Sometimes you might provide good information, other times its non fact based just like most fan speculative posts. Most don't get twisted, feelings hurt, and are open to respectful dialogue and debate...

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Affiliation-Post-Graphic.jpg

Maine Mariners announce affiliation with New York Rangers
Mariners will be NHL affiliate of Rangers and AHL affiliate of Hartford Wolf Pack
Portland, ME – April 9 Maine Mariners announce today that they have entered into an affiliation agreement with the New York Rangers.
“The New York Rangers are pleased to begin our partnership with the Maine Mariners,” said Chris Drury, Rangers Assistant General Manager and General Manager, Hartford Wolf Pack. “We look forward to starting a new chapter of professional hockey in our organization and are excited to join with the Mariners as they embark on their first season in the ECHL in 2018-19.”
The Rangers joined the NHL in 1926 as an “Original 6” franchise along with Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Montreal and Toronto. The 4-time Stanley Cup Champions play in the historic Madison Square Garden and have Hall Of Fame alumni such as Mark Messier, Rod Gilbert and Brian Leetch.
“We are honored to be affiliated with such an iconic team like the New York Rangers,” said Danny Briere, Maine Mariners Vice President of Hockey Operations. Myself and Coach Armstrong are looking forward to working with the Rangers staff and not only putting a great team on the ice here in Maine, but building future Rangers players for years to come.”
The Mariners begin play this October in the Cross Insurance Arena in downtown Portland, Maine. Season tickets are currently on sale. Information can be found on the Mariners website MarinersOfMaine.com.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
Affiliation-Post-Graphic.jpg

Maine Mariners announce affiliation with New York Rangers
Mariners will be NHL affiliate of Rangers and AHL affiliate of Hartford Wolf Pack
Portland, ME – April 9 Maine Mariners announce today that they have entered into an affiliation agreement with the New York Rangers.
“The New York Rangers are pleased to begin our partnership with the Maine Mariners,” said Chris Drury, Rangers Assistant General Manager and General Manager, Hartford Wolf Pack. “We look forward to starting a new chapter of professional hockey in our organization and are excited to join with the Mariners as they embark on their first season in the ECHL in 2018-19.”
The Rangers joined the NHL in 1926 as an “Original 6” franchise along with Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Montreal and Toronto. The 4-time Stanley Cup Champions play in the historic Madison Square Garden and have Hall Of Fame alumni such as Mark Messier, Rod Gilbert and Brian Leetch.
“We are honored to be affiliated with such an iconic team like the New York Rangers,” said Danny Briere, Maine Mariners Vice President of Hockey Operations. Myself and Coach Armstrong are looking forward to working with the Rangers staff and not only putting a great team on the ice here in Maine, but building future Rangers players for years to come.”
The Mariners begin play this October in the Cross Insurance Arena in downtown Portland, Maine. Season tickets are currently on sale. Information can be found on the Mariners website MarinersOfMaine.com.

AND FINALLY someone answered my question....Thanks Griff and good for Portland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad