WNBA players talking about off season 3-on-3 league

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.

Hmm
Love these players who cant survive on 250k/year. My wife and I do just fine on 75k and that's raising a 15 year old

Griner got greedy and went for 7 figures in Russia

If you want to play, start new leagues,etc that's fine and dandy but dont jive us with the cant make a living bullshit

• Haha
Reactions: Ted Hoffman

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Average salary $75k average salary per Alexa.

So they are lucky if they take home $50k? And how much do they need to put aside for retirement?

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Average salary $75k average salary per Alexa.

So they are lucky if they take home $50k? And how much do they need to put aside for retirement?
Yes but in terms of playing overseas in friendly environments, salarries are 6 figures

I never made more than 50k and am retired now

I'm friends with the mom of an ex WNBAer and she says her daughter does quite well all over the globe

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Many WNBA players play in Europe during the WNBA off-season. Awak Kuier of the Dallas Wings plays in Italy, way more minutes but she has said that there's a risk of exhaustion coming in to play.

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
Love these players who cant survive on 250k/year. My wife and I do just fine on 75k and that's raising a 15 year old

Making more money is the American dream.

Acting like every person isn't going to operate between their personal determination of morality and capitalism is total folly.

You'd change jobs or create a side hustle in a second to secure 250k.

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
Many WNBA players play in Europe during the WNBA off-season. Awak Kuier of the Dallas Wings plays in Italy, way more minutes but she has said that there's a risk of exhaustion coming in to play.

Yup. The WNBA has a rule on "prioritization" which really impedes the French players. The France season ends after WNBA starts, so no one can play in France in the "basketball" season and then go to the WNBA. (You know, unless they're concussed. IYKYK as the kids say).

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Making more money is the American dream.

Acting like every person isn't going to operate between their personal determination of morality and capitalism is total folly.

You'd change jobs or create a side hustle in a second to secure 250k.
Not at my age. I used to want it all, now I just want enough

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn

Griner got greedy and went for 7 figures in Russia

If you want to play, start new leagues,etc that's fine and dandy but dont jive us with the cant make a living bullshit

Normal people like you and make work til mid 60 to even early 70. WNBA players have to make do with what they earn by age 40. Not sure they can save enough to retire by 40 with 250k per year.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
What kind of $$$ is this going to generate? Surely, it won't be enough to prevent WNBA from going overseas to supplement their income? I mean, there's just no audience for this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad