WNBA Expansion?

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
Philadelphia seems to be moving on getting a franchise. https://www.phillyvoice.com/wnba-basketball-franchise-team-philadelphia-natasha-cloud-expansion/

I
went looking for this after multiple Portland Trail Blazer staffers started openly advocating for a return of the WNBA to Portland this week. Between the recent success at Oregon and Oregon State and some magnification in the activist community here, it seems like it’s suddenly become a thing. I’m really posting this to find out what other markets have whisper campaigns ongoing.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
Getting a lease in a arena controlled by a NHL team or a outside entity such as Well's Fargo isn't as easy as it sounds. Quite a few WNBA teams have shifted towards playing in smaller basketball centric arena's.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
Getting a lease in a arena controlled by a NHL team or a outside entity such as Well's Fargo isn't as easy as it sounds. Quite a few WNBA teams have shifted towards playing in smaller basketball centric arena's.

Philadelphia has a few options, kind of like how Chicago Sky share with DePaul University’s new arena and Dallas Wings share with U Texas-Arlington. Heck, I’d go to the Palestra in a snap if Philly went that route.

Reactions: Centrum Hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->