WJCs on TV in the US..

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeylife

Jul 26, 2005
I searched ESPN, Outdoor Life Network, and NHL Center Ice sites and have not found any listings for games to be televised. I certainly hope someone picks these games up with the US looking like they might have a legit shot at doing well this year.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
FSN is suppose to be airing the US game(s)?. Im not sure if that was nationwide on FSN or just certain hockey hot spots like Minnesota/Det Etc.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
nomorekids said:
at some point, i read that espn2 IS carrying the USA's games, and if they participate in the gold medal game, that will be on ESPN.

That was last year, someone posted an article on the board that was old..you probably read that. ESPN or ESPN2 isn't carrying any games. At the US press conference they said FSN would be.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
FLYLine88 said:
That was last year, someone posted an article on the board that was old..you probably read that. ESPN or ESPN2 isn't carrying any games. At the US press conference they said FSN would be.

In all regions? I assume as a Rangers fan, you get the same FSN affiliate that i do(FSNY,) have you heard anything from them?

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
nomorekids said:
In all regions? I assume as a Rangers fan, you get the same FSN affiliate that i do(FSNY,) have you heard anything from them?

That i am unsure of, it better be for all regions...even if its not theres a good chance FSNY will be one of the few regions that airs it(unless there is a basketball game on or something)...they usually pick up on the hockey.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Oilers Chick said:
If I'm not mistaken, USA Hockey is going to make some announcement about the TV schedule some time this week.
Good!

The stuff about FSN was in another thread around here, and I'm pretty sure it was only regional. Don't ask me which region though, it sure wasn't mine so I don't remember.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
Sotnos said:
Good!

The stuff about FSN was in another thread around here, and I'm pretty sure it was only regional. Don't ask me which region though, it sure wasn't mine so I don't remember.

Doubt it would be mine either. No doubt they think we'd rather see re-runs of their crap shows or meaningless college basketball games.

RayLeeCharles

Aug 31, 2005
WaSt
Just checked some regions on the fox sports site and theres no mention of any hockey other than the nhl games in their respective regions during the time the wj's are going on. Plenty of poker and even some high school football for a region or 2

weezman

Here is a portion of the email I received after inquiring about TV listings on Center Ice:

Thank you for your email and continued interest in the NHL.

We hope to televise the WJC games this season, which takes place between December 26 and January 5.

We will know definitely closer to the opening of the event, so please continue to log on to NHL.com and check your local listings for updates.

Thanks,
NHL Center Ice
http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/centerice/index.html

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
weezman said:
Here is a portion of the email I received after inquiring about TV listings on Center Ice:

Thank you for your email and continued interest in the NHL.

We hope to televise the WJC games this season, which takes place between December 26 and January 5.

We will know definitely closer to the opening of the event, so please continue to log on to NHL.com and check your local listings for updates.

Thanks,
NHL Center Ice
http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/centerice/index.html

Same e-mail i got back from them a few weeks ago.

mojotooth

Aug 29, 2005
Hillsboro, OR
I have an email in to Dave Fischer, who is Director of Media & Public Relations for USA Hockey, asking him about US TV coverage. If/when he responds I will post an update to this thread.

BrentZ10

Jun 30, 2005
Yeah, I got the same thing from them a few days ago. I also asked them if they were going to broadcast any Olympic games and they said no.

Zetterberg4Captain*

I hope no one shows it so you guys dont get to watch

goteam

Dec 16, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
AG said:
Hey I'm from Saskatoon too but I'm hoping that someone in the US shows if only for exposure for the game of hockey. It is often the case that the casual fan will support USA Hockey greater than their favorite NHL team. (ie. Olympics)

SaskaSens

Dec 17, 2005
Rabid Ranger said:
I wish Canada was shut off from the internet forever, but we don't always get what we want now do we?
Apparently not since you're on here.

Claypool_*

AG said:

Are you suggesting that if the tournament was on TV in the US that people would watch it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad