GDT: WJC18 Group B: Sweden vs. USA

Seiza

Feb 28, 2002
Sweden
Björnfot was awful, can't be happy with his game. Give aways, poor passing and decision making.

Also, Gunler is sorely missed.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Funny how many excuses people rush to make for him. Just watch him play and make your observations. Turcotte playing better than Hughes would be consistent with their performances since Turcotte's return.

The coach of the team was quoted as saying Turcotte's the most valuable player on the team.

Could you imagine a junior hockey team with the 1OA and that player isn't the most valuable player on the team?

Hughes is a very good player, and is going to be picked first, but he's been outplayed this season by Turcotte, and I think Turcotte's game will translate better to the NHL.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
No way Gunler would have improved this powerhouse offense that's for sure...

Still the big issue with this team is coaching which is dreadful, just no structure, and the D group. Outside of Söderström and Broberg the D doesn't instill confidence at all. I actually like Björnfot as a player but he had an awful game and he hasn't really developed the past year. His puckhandling looks worse than before, has anyone heard anything about any injuries that might explain it? Like a hand injury or so?

As someone mentioned the only way I see them finding success in this tournament is putting Broberg, Söderström together and playing them hard. Plus the Raymond line needs to find the finishing touch. They were forcing things a bit out there .

I'd also swap Costmar and Sundsvik. Not a fan of Costmar at all, his processor is too slow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad