WJC...Who to look forward to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KStewart113

Jun 21, 2005
I'm looking forward to seeing Bourdon first and foremost. Anyone not drafted and who is projected to be a 1st rounde pick in the 06 draft will also be of high interest.

clay

Aug 25, 2005
Vancouver
I am definately stoked for Bourdon the most. He's gonna turn some heads like Phaneuf did last year. Other players of interest include: Setoguchi.... the next better Matt Cooke and Kessel

hifk88

Nov 2, 2005
Helsinki
Finnish Players to watch! WJC06

Perttu Lindgren Ilves C 87 25games 4+8=12points
(He has been very good at Finnish elite league so far)
Jesse Joensuu Ässät F 87 25games 2+5=7points
Tuukka Rask Ilves G 87 11games 90.94%
Mikko Lehtonen Blues F 87 21games 4+1=5points
Petteri Wirtanen HPK C 86 24games 2+1=3points
Karri Rämö HPK G 86 8games 95.67%
Teemu Laakso HIFK D 87 25games 1+0=1point
(He have had some injuries and problems but i think that he can be the next Pitkänen!)
Juho Mielonen D 87 14games 0+1=1point
Lauri Korpikoski F 86 25games 2+2=4points
Miika Lahti JYP C 16games 2+1=3points

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
For the Sens, Brian Lee is the guy to watch. He's adapted to College Hockey very well and will have a bigger role this year on Team USA.

Also, Jack Johnson.

Crows*

AS I said in the other thread, this is ab absolute dream come true for canuck fans.. when was the last time people were talking so highly of a Canuck pick in this tournament... Bourdon.. what a guy. The Canucks d and goaltending look fantastic for the future.

D: Bourdon, Edler, Skinner, Bieksa, Mojzis

Goal: Shneider, Ellis PLante, Vincent, Auld

I really think Nonis is building the canucks system from D and goal out. Which is a fantastic move. WE have next to no good offensive prospects.. but hopefully this year with the Draft in Vancouver Nonis will make some sort of splash...............kessel? :yo:

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
I think Price will make team Canada likely as a backup at this point, he has had a terrible start to the year though, my feeling is if he gets a shot at training camp a kid named Tyler Plante deserves one as well, even with terrible stats on a terrible team.

I believe the Hitman goalie Justin Pogge will be the guy, he has had a great season so far.

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
franchise player said:
really? I saw him at the camp and the kid is definately something special. Now, he has really turned his game a notch up and he has great stats with a bad team... What's wrong with him?

He is on a bad team and he is playing poorly I would be shocked to see him get a spot on the team.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
for the Canes... Johnson, Hagemo (if he's healthy enough) and Borer for team USA, Korhonen for Finland and Vojta for the Czech Republic. I doubt it would happen but it would be a nice surprise to see Otcenas on Slovakia and Akerlund for Sweden.

In general: Kessel, Latendresse, Erik Johnson, Mueller.

Last edited:

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
Marc Staal, and Korpi.

Team Finland will be good.

Also looking forward to seeing if Tommy Pyatt gets the call for Canada.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
Will Benoit Pouliot and Roman Voloshenko be in it?

If so then thats who im watching.

Randall Graves*

Bobby Ryan will have his coming out party, he's one of the most underrated prospects on this board.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
flambers said:
He is on a bad team and he is playing poorly I would be shocked to see him get a spot on the team.
Have you looked at his stats recently?

He had two strait shoutouts and a couple of 1 or 2 goal games.
His GAA is over .900 on really really bad team.

He'll make Team Canada mark my words.
I also think that he'll be the starter.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
For Sweden

Nicklas Bergfors
Should be one of the top players in the tournament, however.. it seems 50-50 that he will go. It appears he is pretty close to being called up by the Devils.

Nicklas Bäckström
Will be an early draft pick next summer. Has been excellent in the SEL so far and logs loads of minutes. Superb playmaker that is supposed to feed Bergfors with pucks.

Anton Strålman
Top defenseman on the team. Plays a strong offensive game and has a good shot from the point. Drafted by the Leafs last summer.

Other notables
Alexander Edler (top scoring WHL defensemen)
Erik Andersson (born 1986, undrafted.. but is having a great year in the SEL. Plays center)
Fredrik Pettersson (plays for the Calgary Hitmen and has a nice scoring touch. Flashy player)

With or without Bergfors, Sweden will actually dress a strong team for once (although it will not be close to next year's team, when the WJC is held in Sweden). Most of the players that will be on the rosters are SEL regulars, which is quite unique really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->