U18: WJC U18 - Team Sweden

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Well, that was that that like we say in Sweden.

For most of the time I liked the performance of this team. Reaching the GMG should be seen as a big success for this age group which really isn't very strong on paper. The forward group is decent but the group of D is the worst we've seen in many years, Cederholm is probably the best 98 born D which says it all. The two 99's will carry that D-group going forward.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Well, that was that that like we say in Sweden.

For most of the time I liked the performance of this team. Reaching the GMG should be seen as a big success for this age group which really isn't very strong on paper. The forward group is decent but the group of D is the worst we've seen in many years, Cederholm is probably the best 98 born D which says it all. The two 99's will carry that D-group going forward.

Forward group decent? When have we had better forwards than Andersson, Nylander, Pettersson, Boqvist, Bratt etc in recent years? But I do agree that the 98 are missing top end D, but the forwards are more then decent.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Forward group decent? When have we had better forwards than Andersson, Nylander, Pettersson, Boqvist, Bratt etc in recent years? But I do agree that the 98 are missing top end D, but the forwards are more then decent.

97 group - Similar to this one in terms of quality.
96 group - Better.
95 group - Worse (Wallmark, Burakovsky, De la Rose and then there was nothing more)
94 group - Way better.
93 group - Similar.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
97 group - Similar to this one in terms of quality.
96 group - Better.
95 group - Worse (Wallmark, Burakovsky, De la Rose and then there was nothing more)
94 group - Way better.
93 group - Similar.

97: The best forwards where/are, Eriksson Ek, Asplund, Grundström and Dahlen, pretty decent, but still a step behind Andersson, Nylander, Boqvist and Pettersson.
96: I would say it has deph, but lacks of top end talent after Nylander, even if Timashov is a intresting player.
95: Yes horrible year, nothing execpt for Burakovsky, but questionable if even he was as good at that time.
94: I would say fairly even. Probably give the edge to 98, some of the 94 delvoped nicely, but that can some 98 do to, you have to look at how good they where at that time, and then I give the edge to 98.
93: Who was as good as A Nylander in their draft year or was as good as Andersson, Boqvist and Pettersson the season before the draft?

I do not know how they will develop, a lot will happen both good and bad, but at this time this is a very good forward year.

Alex Nylander a top 10 pick in this draft

Andersson has PPG on 1,59 in superelit
Boqvist 1,53 in superelit
Pettersson has been overall good in allsvenskan with some up and downs, and finish with 0,8 PPG in the "playoff"

This can be compare with W Nylander that is the best forward prospect that has come in recent years, had a PPG on 1,59 in lesser games. His stats from WJC the season before his draft is also not as good as Pettersson and Andersson. The stats maybe lie a bit, but this is a good year.

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
97: The best forwards where/are, Eriksson Ek, Asplund, Grundström and Dahlen, pretty decent, but still a step behind Andersson, Nylander, Boqvist and Pettersson.
96: I would say it has deph, but lacks of top end talent after Nylander, even if Timashov is a intresting player.
95: Yes horrible year, nothing execpt for Burakovsky, but questionable if even he was as good at that time.
94: I would say fairly even. Probably give the edge to 98, some of the 94 delvoped nicely, but that can some 98 do to, you have to look at how good they where at that time, and then I give the edge to 98.
93: Who was as good as A Nylander in their draft year or was as good as Andersson, Boqvist and Pettersson the season before the draft?

I do not know how they will develop, a lot will happen both good and bad, but at this time this is a very good forward year.

Alex Nylander a top 10 pick in this draft

Andersson has PPG on 1,59 in superelit
Boqvist 1,53 in superelit
Pettersson has been overall good in allsvenskan with some up and downs, and finish with 0,8 PPG in the "playoff"

This can be compare with W Nylander that is the best forward prospect that has come in recent years, had a PPG on 1,59 in lesser games. His stats from WJC the season before his draft is also not as good as Pettersson and Andersson. The stats maybe lie a bit, but this is a good year.

You are severely overrating the 98 group if you think it's better than the 94's.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
You are severely overrating the 98 group if you think it's better than the 94's.

Statswise 98 is much better, stats is not all but certainly means a lot. So please explain, 98 also have team success, not because I think that is so importent. Last year 98 looked weak, and I would probably have agree with you then. However many have had breakthroughs this season.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Way to early, but anyone have the balls to predict next years team?

Bolded locks

Eriksson Ek
Söderblom

Hedberg - Liljegren
Dahlin - Brännström
Walfridsson - Björkman
Landin

Elvenes - Hugg - Lundeström
Wernblom - Olofsson - Miketinac
Sveningsson - Zetterlund - Sylvegård
Lindberg - Wennlund - Emanuelsson
Åhström