WJC U.S. TV Schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The only coverage ESPN ever had was the lockout year and they showed the '04 gold medal game via tape delay.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
The only coverage ESPN ever had was the lockout year and they showed the '04 gold medal game via tape delay.
Yep I wouldn't bet on ESPN on showing the games. Screw them anyway. I would look for Fox Sports to cover the US games or maybe CI picking up the Canadian feed.

________

Feb 6, 2006
Center Ice should show all the games, but I doubt they'll show more then the US games.

NCSENSFAN

Sep 2, 2005
CI last season only showed the US games and when they were out they did not show the finals or any team Canada games.

inferno98

Mar 22, 2006
does anyone have game times for the games. this way i know when they are in eastern standard time, so i can catch games on CI if it is avaible this year

NCSENSFAN

Sep 2, 2005
So the Team Canada fans down here in the states get boned once again and not going to get to see Canada win the gold game, because the US wont be in it. :D :D :D :D :D :D

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
I'm assuming since nobody has mentioned it yet, nobody actually knows yet, but does anyone have any idea if the FSN in the Pittsburgh area will broadcast anything. I'm pretty sure it's just called Fox Sports Pittsburgh. Thanks if anyone can provide some info; it'd really be a treat to catch at least SOME games... I had to listen on a delayed internet feed a year ago and had to fight some connection problems so it'd definitely be great.

1996WC

Aug 21, 2005
NJ
Actually Fox and Center Ice did not even show the USA-Czech QF game. I had to listed to the radio broadcast on the USA Hockey website.

Titan124

Oct 14, 2005
So the Team Canada fans down here in the states get boned once again and not going to get to see Canada win the gold game, because the US wont be in it. :D :D :D :D :D :D

Perhaps you get "boned" and don't get to see the Canada games, because, oh, I don't know, you live in canada? I don't go to pennsylvania and expect to see Islander games.

PlayoffBeard

Sep 14, 2005
If Versus wanted to be taken seriously as a hockey network, they should show the games in my opinion.

How can you expect Versus to make room for something as insignificant as the WJC's when they have bull riding, fly fishing, and redneck potato sack race championships!!! The nerve of some people....:shakehead

bodybreak

Whiteshell Wild
Jul 11, 2006
I couldn't find any info, but if any of you are going to be visiting Canada over the holidays, or are able to somehow pick up TSN in the States, they will have 3 of the 4 US round robin games:

Tue Dec 26 vs Germany 9am ET
Wed Dec 27 vs Canada 1pm ET
Sat Dec 30 vs Slovakia 11am ET

They will also be carrying one quarterfinal and all of the semifinal and final games regardless of who's playing.

Tue Jan 2 Quartefinal 1pm ET
Wed Jan 3 Semifinal 10am ET
Wed Jan 3 Semifinal 1pm ET
Fri Jan 5 Bronze Medal 10am ET
Fri Jan 5 Gold Medal 1pm ET

This could be why Canadian fans heading to the States half expect to see Canada games down there... for the World Jrs and Olympics we focus on more than just ourselves. For the Olympics NBC is very, very focused on American athletes, and rightly so, but they've earned a reputation of doing so at the cost of ignoring big stories involving other countries. Even in the NHL there's usually one "all-American" matchup a week, but that's a bit different since there are Canadian players everywhere.

For the World Juniors, sadly, widespread coverae of any team just isn't there in the States... unless the country ends up winning gold, in which case ESPN might decide to show the game later on. I'm so used to having hockey on TV almost every day,I don't know what I'd do if I moved to the States!

hwkn

Oct 2, 2005
Evanston il
I've heard that XM will carry some of the WJC games btw[so if you can't watch them at least you can listen to them].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->