WJC Thread/Leafs at WJC

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Finns were lucky as **** to win that game lol

With two teams playing as hard they could play it was bound to come down to luck...Finland got it. Similar to the Canada USA game in Montreal a couple f years back.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Thankfully, the Russians haven’t mastered pulling the goalie for an extra attacker yet.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Yeah it's a dick move. Especially right after the team was eliminate, and the kid's dream is shattered. If they wanted to do it in jest, it would have been funnier if it was sent to Hockey Canada as a joke later on after the WJC for this season was done - like at the start of next year.

That company won't be doing much business in Canada.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Yeah it's a dick move. Especially right after the team was eliminate, and the kid's dream is shattered. If they wanted to do it in jest, it would have been funnier if it was sent to Hockey Canada as a joke later on after the WJC for this season was done - like at the start of next year.

That company won't be doing much business in Canada.

They will probably do a lot in the US though, so I doubt they care.

Americans are going to love that...

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I would agree that sending it to Noah directly is a bit far. The kid is likely still crushed.

If you sent it to Hockey Canada or even Tim Hunter, it’d likely have received a better response

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I would agree that sending it to Noah directly is a bit far. The kid is likely still crushed.

If you sent it to Hockey Canada or even Tim Hunter, it’d likely have received a better response

Or not do it at all....

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
So far having watched the world Juniors, I am not at all impressed by Jack Hughes.

I don't see the hype. He's a good player and he's got tremendous speed but he seems too small and just outskates his problems. I guess it works for McDavid but I'm not sure if this kid has quite the hockey IQ to match the raw skills he and McDavid possess

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
So far having watched the world Juniors, I am not at all impressed by Jack Hughes.

I don't see the hype. He's a good player and he's got tremendous speed but he seems too small and just outskates his problems. I guess it works for McDavid but I'm not sure if this kid has quite the hockey IQ to match the raw skills he and McDavid possess

He’ll grow....Ottaw....Colorado will be able to ween him. Although Pettersson does OK as a scrawny kid.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
It's really disgusting, all around, that the Anaheim Ducks and Hockey Canada allowed Comtois to play injured, with a separated shoulder, if they knew in advance.

But, what's worse, is a hockey coach that picks Comtois to take an important penalty shot, in overtime, no less!

If Comtois was injured, and kept it to himself, then this loss to Finland was ALL ON HIM.

If Hockey Canada knew he had an injury, and allowed him to play, then they owe Canadian hockey fans a huge apology.

If Hunter, and, any of the assistant coaches, knew that Comtois wasn't 100% healthy, then, none of those coaches should ever be allowed to coach for Hockey Canada again.

JMHO.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
It's really disgusting, all around, that the Anaheim Ducks and Hockey Canada allowed Comtois to play injured, with a separated shoulder, if they knew in advance.

But, what's worse, is a hockey coach that picks Comtois to take an important penalty shot, in overtime, no less!

If Comtois was injured, and kept it to himself, then this loss to Finland was ALL ON HIM.

If Hockey Canada knew he had an injury, and allowed him to play, then they owe Canadian hockey fans a huge apology.

If Hunter, and, any of the assistant coaches, knew that Comtois wasn't 100% healthy, then, none of those coaches should ever be allowed to coach for Hockey Canada again.

JMHO.

Does seem like an odd situation brewing....

Reactions: Al14

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008

He is 17.
Remember Mitch at the WJC at age 18.... he was sick in the quarters against Finland but was pretty mediocre before that

Hughes is a poor man McDavid.... but that’s a major complement

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
He is 17.
Remember Mitch at the WJC at age 18.... he was sick in the quarters against Finland but was pretty mediocre before that

Hughes is a poor man McDavid.... but that’s a major complement

Not too mention it’s a nice compliment :sarcasm:

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017

He was hurt/sick and missed half the tourney, 5-10", his brother is a beauty on the D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->