WJC: WJC suprises?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Last year Tomas Tatar and Jaroslav Janus both were big suprises

Who's your suprise pick this year?

I think Mikael Granlund will suprise for Finland. He's incredibly skilled and is one of the go-to guys on his team on a tournament where skill shines. HM: Stepan Novotny and Andre Petersson

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
Last year Tomas Tatar and Jaroslav Janus both were big suprises

Who's your suprise pick this year?

I think Mikael Granlund will suprise for Finland. He's incredibly skilled and is one of the go-to guys on his team on a tournament where skill shines. HM: Stepan Novotny and Andre Petersson

Granlund can't really be considered a surprise considering he's really well known and already playing a big role on a pro club. Petersson and Novotny would definitely qualify though, looking forward to seeing what they do.

Steve466

Apr 21, 2005
Don't know much about the players outside of North America, but I can definitely see this tournament being a coming out party for Travis Hamonic. His development since being drafted has been amazing, but he's still relatively unknown right now.

worstfaceoffmanever

These Snacks Are Odd
Jun 2, 2007
Fargo, ND
By all indications, this will be Adam Larsson's coming out party on the international stage. He has been getting a lot of attention in Sweden (11 points in 31 games, playing 17 minutes a night with Skelleftea at 17), but hasn't really received recognition of what he's done abroad.

On the more obscure side of things, Andreas Kristler of Austria is having a breakout year in the Erste Bank Liga (20 points in 33 games as a 19 year old). He won't have a ton of talent around him, but I think he's a player to watch. The Latvian duo of Ronalds Cinks and Roberts Bukarts will be pretty interesting to see, as well.

VLoo

May 11, 2007
Toronto
Alain Berger for Team Switzerland. The whole team in general seems like it could be a surprise, and this kid may well help it along. Good wheels, but his shot is very impressive, great release.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->