GDT: WJC: Slovakia – Latvia

Pieck

Dec 13, 2017
BC
Tough to be eliminated while being competitive in every single game. Compare that to Austria in the other group lol. It’s nice to see a group with no pushovers though

Reactions: jcbio11

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Tough to be eliminated while being competitive in every single game. Compare that to Austria in the other group lol. It’s nice to see a group with no pushovers though
To be fair, there have been quite a lot of decent teams that finish #9. Germany's golden generation in 2020, Finland in 2017, Switzerland in 2015 (finished 5th with 4 points, Muller, Siegenthaler, Fiala, Hischier, Meier, Suter, Malgin all on the roster) and so on. Sometimes it's just how it works.

It's just nice, that hockey had 9 competitive teams even without Russia and Belarus this year.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Yeah. You´re right. My bad. I was thinking about year where they got smashed by Canada.
This was the 'German's are coming' and will pass Czechs and Slovaks team. I remember at the time saying give it some time and let's see what happens. Bokk has yet to play in NHL. Reichel in 1 NHL point. Peterka with 17 points in his career. They may all still make it but that German 'wave' is really Drai, Seider and Stutzl today and 3 very good AHL players that may or may not become successes. Don't get me wrong I want Germany to rise up but the takes were tough to read at the time for me as I didn't realize two good draft class was all you needed to make it a big 6.

German's drafted since then:

1672436920458.png

5 guys in 2 years and 2 in top 100. I will cheer for Munzenberger as he's a Oilers pick! Not sure if they have a first rounder coming up this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad