WJC SF2: Jan 3 GDT - USA vs. Finland (2-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dupuis>Ilya

Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
Enoch said:
I'm not so sure Canada will beat the U.S. Fleury has looked terrible in this tournament. I wouldn't even rank him in the top 5 goalies...while Alvaro has been outstanding.
Interesting. The same thing more or less happened to Kari Lehtonen last year - he was a bit of a letdown in his post-draft WJC as compared to his predraft WJC.

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
IFK said:
I understand that Jyp fans are very homer and defend they self all the time. I also understand that they hate big city teams and thats why they dont say nothing good about HIFK.

I am very sorry cause i now that you are angry big city teams cause they steal all of JYP good players (not meny cause they dont never had meny good players), but world is crule.

Petrell was Finland best player that game. If not best, I think one of the best cause i dont think that over 6500 human is so wrong that they vote Petrell 67%.

Does the name Carlo Grünn ring a bell? :D

But back to the point. You are wrong saying that:

1)JYP fans are very homer.
Not more homer than HIFK fans. Or so I've been told by any other SM-Liiga teams fans.

2)they hate big city teams and thats why they dont say nothing good about HIFK.
No, we don't hate big city teams. I understand why HIFK fans would hate JYP fans. HIFK hasn't been able to win JYP at home for over two years now. HIFK has some very good players. Jere Karalahti, Kimmo Kuhta, Timo Pärssinen to name a few but Petrell IMO isn't one of them. Jokerit is a big city team also and they got some very good players also. I don't hate them at all.

I just stated my opinion about Petrell. In my eyes he isn't a team player and IMHO he wouldn't be part of Team Finland without Aravirta being simultaneously HIFK's and Team Finland's head coach.

For the record, I don't hate Hannu Aravirta either. He was the man that coached JYP when we got three medals in SM-Liiga.

-HIFK-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Padawan
...HIFK has some very good players. Jere Karalahti, Kimmo Kuhta, Timo Pärssinen to name a few but Petrell IMO isn't one of them...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jere Karalahti, 28 years old. Almost 300 games in the Finnish SM-liiga, over 100 games in the NHL. One of the best defensemen in the SM-liiga.

Timo Pärssinen, 27 years old. Approximately 250 games in the SM-liiga, with 228 points scored. Has played one season in the NHL (although mostly AHL). Probably the best player in the SM-liiga right now, currently leads the whole league in points.

Kimmo Kuhta, 28 years old. Over 300 SM-liiga games with 178 points scored. Leads the SM-liiga in goals right now, has served as the captain of HIFK.

Lennart Petrell, 19 years old. Exactly 2 games played in the SM-liiga already!!!

So saying that Petrell isn´t one of HIFK´s "very good players" is a little absurd anyway... Comparing Lennu Petrell with the above-mentioned players might be a little unfair on the kid at this point of his career, right? Let´s at least wait until he gets 5 career-games under his belt... :)

The way I see it, Petrell will develop to be a good player for IFK. At least that´s what I´m hoping for.

Last edited by a moderator:

Padawan

Former power tripper
Dec 31, 2002
Jyvaskyla, Finland
www.jypht.fi
-HIFK- said:
So saying that Petrell isn´t one of HIFK´s "very good players" is a little absurd anyway... Comparing Lennu Petrell with the above-mentioned players might be a little unfair on the kid at this point of his career, right?

True if you compare Petrell to those older players in their current capacity but compare them when they were about the same age.

At 17-18 years old Pärssinen has played in the SM-Liiga and scored some goals. At 18 years old Jere Karalahti was a regular in SM-Liiga.

Petrell has also played in SM-Liiga but hasn't been able to do much if I'm correct. All I'm saying is that they are better options to fill his spot in the WJC's but it's too late now.

TK79

Jul 5, 2002
Helsinki, Finland
Visit site
Petrell has talent, but he made numerous dumb-ass plays during the quarter- and semifinals.Against Russia he blew a break-away. Then he took a shot from a small angle on a 2-1 attack when Piispanen was wide open at the back post, and took a dumb penalty directly afterwards. Shortly after this his giveaway at the blue-line resulted in a 3-1 Russian attack, which they scored on.At this point Petrell was benched for the rest of the game.The same trend continued in the USA game.

IFK

Jul 25, 2003
Visit site
SergeiK said:
Let`s just say that I stopped reading the rest of your post after that outburst.

Wether I`m blind or stupid - it`s your choice...

I dont care if you not want to read my text. But if you watch todays game agains Czech you have to see how amazing Petrell was again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad