WJC SF1: Jan 3 GDT - Canada vs. Czech Republic (7-1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
The thing I have noticed so far is that Canada has gotten better every game, especially offensively. Each game, the lines seem to show more flow and the players seem to really be gelling. Today's performance was probably one of the best performances I have ever seen by a Canadian team at the WJC's. The Czech's aren't a weak team with a lot of players whom sometime during the next few years are likely to crack top 50 prospect lists. They were supposed to be a serious gold medal contender and this team just ran them over. Absolute domination. I expected the Czech's to really come back at us this game, but that obviously wasn't the case.

On another note, Jeff Carter was absolutely fantastic today.

punchy1

Nov 11, 2003
Kiwiville.
Poor Pierre Hedin, you sound so insecure. You can't just say why you feel that Getzlaf is a good player without crying about it and sounding like a child saying "You show your ignorance". I have watched EACH of team Canada's games and to me, of the talented forwards on team Canada Getzlaf is the worst by a margin. Now, he is ten fold better than the worst player ON team Canada Dixon, but, for a fellow who has so much hype around him RG sure hasn't show any reason in this tourney to have earned it.

Of course, i am just giving an opinion and don't mean to threaten you by saying something that you don't agree with. Call me whatever you want mate, ignorance is easier displayed by brashness than by reason.

punchy1 said:
Poor Pierre Hedin, you sound so insecure. You can't just say why you feel that Getzlaf is a good player without crying about it and sounding like a child saying "You show your ignorance". I have watched EACH of team Canada's games and to me, of the talented forwards on team Canada Getzlaf is the worst by a margin. Now, he is ten fold better than the worst player ON team Canada Dixon, but, for a fellow who has so much hype around him RG sure hasn't show any reason in this tourney to have earned it.

Of course, i am just giving an opinion and don't mean to threaten you by saying something that you don't agree with. Call me whatever you want mate, ignorance is easier displayed by brashness than by reason.

I'd say offensively you could call Ryan Getzlaf "the worst" compared to the Burns, Carter, Stewart, etc., but you clearly haven't recognised his commitment to the team at all. Playing on a line with Brent Burns standing in the slot and Jeff Carter running the face-offs, there's not really a spot for Getzlaf to stand out offensively but he's done a helluva job with forechecking and defensive responibilities. He's allowed the other two to play "strong down low" (thanks Mr. McGuire for reminding me every 30 seconds what that means) and has even slipped back to the point when the Canadian defencemen have been pinching. I think that everyone underestimated Getzlaf's abilities at the '03 draft (a big knock on him was his skating speed which is clearly not an issue) and he should prove that Anaheim made a great choice by grabbing him and I think he'll be much better than at least 6 of the guys drafted ahead of him. I thought he was top ten for sure.

chicpea*

did anyone note how fast belle was on that rush today? Oh my, he just blew by the czech checker.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Rabid Ranger said:
Who says the U.S. only has two lines? That shows your ignorance of the American team and it's players. As for being more complete in what way? The U.S. has a goalie who is playing very well and is projected to be a first round draft pick this year, and a great mix on D. Quit talking out of your rear end.

Saw the game today and I wasn't positive but I think you're right. I thought I saw a third line, and I may have seen them more than once but I wasn't sure. I think Parise was on it. He plays on the first line as well doesn't he?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Crosbyfan said:
Saw the game today and I wasn't positive but I think you're right. I thought I saw a third line, and I may have seen them more than once but I wasn't sure. I think Parise was on it. He plays on the first line as well doesn't he?

It's nice to see all the stooges come out of the woodwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad