WJC SF: Jan 3 GDT - Russia vs. USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petey Knights

Aug 3, 2005
Erik Johnson is playing EXCELLENT. Lots of positives for the Americans... This game is far from over!

joe_shannon_1983*

Miller and McGuire don't think that the U.S.A. has anything left in their tanks.

They think that the U.S.A. buried themselves when they tied Switzerland.

Randall Graves*

these radio guys are way better than the american announcers.

SuperDave21

Hockey Paradise
Jul 30, 2004
Scottsdale, AZ
Thanks for the update :)

I can't believe how fast they scored! As soon as they did I let out a huge moan and a couple swear words and my gf came running in thought I had been shot. I told her I'd rather have been shot than have Russia score. For some reason she shook her head and left the room :dunno: :D

bling

Jun 23, 2004
Steveorama said:
fffffft
I suspect it has more to do with Johnson's cheap shot after blowing a key game.

That argument might hold a tiny bit of water IF this had not been happening the ENTIRE tournament. :shakehead

VladNYC*

NICE hit on davis! Russia is hitting well.

Hooking penalty on Russia.

HSHS

Losing is a disease
Apr 5, 2005
Redondo Beach, Ca
ferns8916 said:
Miller and McGuire don't think that the U.S.A. has anything left in their tanks.

They think that the U.S.A. buried themselves when they tied Switzerland.

No... they buried themselves when they PLAYED Switzerland.... the day before they played Canada (while Canada had the benefit of rest :shakehead )

Dartmouth 02

Nov 18, 2003
New York, NY
Visit site
pck21 said:

I can't believe how fast they scored! As soon as they did I let out a huge moan and a couple swear words and my gf came running in thought I had been shot. I told her I'd rather have been shot than have Russia score. For some reason she shook her head and left the room :dunno: :D

funny, my girlfriend was similarly worried about my well-being after my reaction to that goal. come on boys.

joe_shannon_1983*

Who was that U.S.A. defenseman that Malkin just undressed on the shorthanded 1-on-1? Was that E.J. or J.J.?

naihlflames

Nov 18, 2003
Detroit MI
heshootshescores said:
No... they buried themselves when they PLAYED Switzerland.... the day before they played Canada (while Canada had the benefit of rest :shakehead )

I do believe we are in the semi's and only down 1-0 in the first period. Nothing is buried yet.

SuperDave21

Hockey Paradise
Jul 30, 2004
Scottsdale, AZ
Dartmouth 02 said:
funny, my girlfriend was similarly worried about my well-being after my reaction to that goal. come on boys.

Hehe I guess it's something in the brain that makes them react like that, it's instinct I swear. :biglaugh:

jcorb58

Sep 28, 2004
naihlflames said:
I do believe we are in the semi's and only down 1-0 in the first period. Nothing is buried yet.

Long way from being over yet

I want to see more of Schremp

Petey Knights

Aug 3, 2005
It was Chris Bourque that was the last man Malkin beat. 3 US forwards got caught behind the goal line and it resulted in 2 quality scoring chances for the Russians.

naihlflames

Nov 18, 2003
Detroit MI
Big Daddy said:
More objective and not on UShockey payroll. Makes all the difference.

No, it's like watching CBC versus OLN. They've been doing hockey all of their life and talking to a crowd that knows hockey.

I would hate watching the ESPN/ABC games last year when you would hear, "and that is an offsides call because ....."

Big Daddy

Dec 16, 2005
Hey, do the commies still lock up the players families until they win like they did under the CCCP? LOL They do seem to be playing with a purpose.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
pck21 said:

Keep an eye on her, she might be a commie.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Very divided in my rooting for this game. Great to hear Malkin playing well, but I remain about evenly divided as to who I want to win.

Randall Graves*

Oshie draws a penalty..he's been the best player for the Americans in this tournament..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->