3dflagsdotcom_finna_2fawm.gif

Game start: 4PM PST | 7PM ET | 01.00 CET

Online coverage (rosters, stats etc.)

Flags from 3dflags.com

Pekka Lampinen

Feb 27, 2002
Helsinki
Visit site
The Finns slowed down to walking speed at the end of several shifts near the end of the quarterfinal. There's no way they've recovered properly, which hurts the chances of even putting up a good physical fight in defeat. As for what it would take to actually win the game, that's independent of yesterday's battle.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Canada is going to pound them, and then pound them again. No team is even close to Canadas physical level.

incawg

Mar 7, 2003
Canuckland
Visit site
I was at the first Finland-Canada game and there was not a single player that I was really impressed with on the Finnish side. I realize that Rask has picked up his game, but Canada had no problem exploiting his vulnerabilities. Maybe it's the kiss of death, but I feel super-confident about Canada's chances. It would take a combination of Canada playing awful and the Finns playing the game of their lives in order for Finland to take it. With Finland surely being fatigued after last night's game, the chances of that are slim to none.

I look for Canada to take this one with realtive ease to set-up a classic Canada-Russia final (sorry USA).

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
I'm going to make a bold prediction and say that a Leaf goaltending prospect will get the win. ;)

Hope it's a great game, looking forward to Rask vs Pogge 2, Here's to seeing a good old fashioned goaltending dual. :yo:

Platapie

Oct 25, 2004
While I think Canada will win it, if Canada waltzes in and thinks it will be a cakewalk, they stand a decent chance of going down. They need to do what they did in the first game-- intimidate/check hard/crash the net. Rask can only do so much, and if Canada comes to play the game should be theirs.

Then again, we've all seen examples of a hot goalie ruining everything, and anything can happen in one game. In either event, as a Leaf homer I hope that there is great goaltending from both sides :)

Ciccarelli

Uncle Gelart
Dec 17, 2005
I think this is going to be a close call, but Finland would still win.
Becose of their better goalie, Tuukka Rask and more talented forwards,(etc. Tukonen, Seitsonen, Lingren, Joensuu).

Finland Will win 3-1 :yo:

Jarko2004

Sep 15, 2004
Vancouver Island
Watching Finland, you sometimes think they couldn't score a goal to save their life. I'm was amazed they even got a shot on that powerplay in overtime.

Canada has ZERO chance or losing this game. Show up and they win. I'm not even that excited about watching it.

Cono

Oct 17, 2004
Turku
I think that reaching semifinals is a nice success for Finland. This is a "bonus-game" for Finland, Finland has nothing to lose. It will be a close game, my predict is 2-1 for Finland.

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Yeah, Finland has zero pressure in this game, I think we will se a relaxed game from our boys tonight.
On the other hand Canada has all the pressure in the world playing infront of a home crowd, in what is expected to be a piece of cake.
If only Finland were rested for this game it might be tight, but that is unfortunatley not the case tonite.
After last night I find it hard to believe that Canada could come up with a more dominating game than the Swedes.
From what I have seen Sweden has been the most dominant team so far imho.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
Canada 5-2, after last nights game with Sweden I don't think the Finnish defence wants anything to do with the Canadian forcheckers and fold up tent early.

El_Scoobo

Aug 18, 2004
Your Imagination
What's the over/under on TSN commentators mentioning the fact that Rask and Pogge are Toronto propects????? I'm going to set it at 35 times and you know what.....I'm going to pick over!!!!

Oh yeah.....I predict 4-1 for Canada.

You gotta love it, people from Canada pick Canada to win and people from Finland pick Finland to win. I, for one, am shocked!!

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Leaf fan here.

Rask Vs. Pogge.

Hope Canada wins...1-0 in OT :yo:

I wanna see a solid goaltending performance on both ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad