U18: WJC semis GDT

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Swedes whooping it up in front of the Canadian bench is ****ing hilarious. What is wrong with that country? Unbelievable antics in victory and defeat.

Dominated 5 on 5 but that somehow correlated with a 6-2 advantage in power plays. These boys look like they want a cookie.
Whats wrong with that country???? Do Do you base everything about a country on that celibration you missinterpeted????
Canada are known for idiotic stuff when the play is blown dead. And the Swedish players are told to act cool and dont take the bait. I hope Canada removes that part in there hockey in the future. They dont try to intimidate with dangerous chechs anymore, at least, thats nice to see .

I still hope u beat USA. And i dont think there is anything wrong with Canada as a country based on stupid stuff after the whissle.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Worst Swedish age group in a long time and now they have a real shot at winning gold. Most of these forwards have no scoring touch, defense is very meh outside of Björnfot and Broberg. Goaltending hasn't been lights out either. Hoping for the best in tomorrows game but beating the Russians will be a tough task.

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
Worst Swedish age group in a long time and now they have a real shot at winning gold. Most of these forwards have no scoring touch, defense is very meh outside of Björnfot and Broberg. Goaltending hasn't been lights out either. Hoping for the best in tomorrows game but beating the Russians will be a tough task.
Alnefelts let in 2 softies today and yet svt raved about him constantly.

thrillhous

Jan 5, 2006
Canada really blew that one with undisciplined penalties (as soft as some of them were) and forcing low percentage passes instead of driving the net. The game was there for them but they didn’t grab it.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
Yeah without their best defenseman and third best forward. Btw Broberg>>>Björnfot.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
As a Canadian I am not going to blame officiating as we've benefited in the past.

As we've seen in this years SC playoffs officiating is suspect at times.

As for the game, Canada had their chances and just didn't score. Simple as that in hockey.

I think the US will embarrass us tomorrow as they did a few years ago in the bronze medal game.

As for Russia and Sweden, all I hope for is a good game with no major controversy.

Reactions: Howe Elbows 9

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
It's ok to be a bit bitter over a defeat, got no problem with that... I'm glad you weren't Finland or this thread would be 40 pages of whining, gg Canada. its nice for us in Sweden to beat you in a knockout game, doesn't happen very often :)

Reactions: jj cale

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Lets not get political here, but I did go "lol, what's he doing there?"

Politicians (from all parties) should stay the hell away from events like this. They have done way more harm than good for the sport of hockey the last 20 years, they deserve zero credit for any type of success. Then there they are with cameras are rolling showing how "folkliga" they can be. It's pretty disgusting.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007

This post didnt age well.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
You're dreaming. Just hope that Kaliyev will drop down to you. I think GM's are going to be scared to NOT pick Caufield, after Gaudreau and DeBrincat's success.
:naughty: we got him!!

:habs At the time I agreed with you that I was likely dreaming but it seems that teams did indeed get scared of taking him based on his size, the debrincats and gaudreaus of the world didn't seem to matter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->