WJC Semifinal: Jan 3 GDT - Russia vs. Sweden

reaper

May 1, 2005
Great, were gonna lose this period when we have totally outplayed them, ffs...

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
1-1 in redicilous penalties, so I have nothing to say about the refs.

As for the game, ffs... stop hitting the frigging post. We should be in a big lead by now.

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
Bäckström have played bad, so far. He goes away from the crease when he should be going towards it. I simply hate it.

Anyway, as i predicted, our defenders would be looking slow against the quick russians.

Kaktus*

Russia looked rusty and actually looked like crap in 1st 10min... They looked fast but very rusty... Who got a major penalty and for what? I am watching it in French.

BigE

Mar 12, 2004
New York, NY
Wow does Makarov look like a player tailor made for the new NHL.

Blackhawk fans have something to be excited about this tournament: Toews, Makarov, Skille looked ok for the US, etc.

Blue Line Turnover

Oct 26, 2006
Can someone explain to me why Sweden got called on an icing even though they were killing a penalty?

Sidenote: Objectively, this game is more exciting than the US/Can game.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
First 10, all Sweden. Last 10, all Russia.

2-2 would be fair, Sweden do have three hits in the goalposts..

Incase I haven´t said it enough, Bäckström isn´t the best player onm the Swedish team, he´s barely top-5.

Gozer

Sep 22, 2005
Västerås
I am watching now how Russia is about to score goal 3, and thinking you must be a little biased....

What's happening now has nothing with what had happened before. I agree with him that sweden outplayed russia up until the equalizer.

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
Russia looked rusty and actually looked like crap in 1st 10min... They looked fast but very rusty... Who got a major penalty and for what? I am watching it in French.

Bumagin because of a hit to the head which automatically comes with a 10 minutes miscunduct. I havn't seen the replay though.

Is it me or the Sweds look 5 times bigger than us? :help:

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Swedens quick start probably surprised the russians a bit, but the Russians superior skill is evident. This will turn into a blowout.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
I am watching now how Russia is about to score goal 3, and thinking you must be a little biased....

And I have been watching a game dominated by swedes for 15 out of 20 minutes with 2 shots in the post and 1 in the cross bar.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
3 posts, 1 really bad non-call. Interesting, but not surprising, that the ref didn't notice bäckström's big time interference on swedens 1-0...

Best ref so far? (nice to be favoured by the ref :eek: :sarcasm: )

reaper

May 1, 2005

You had the last 5 min but we should have been up with 3 or 4 goals until then. Swedish offense looks good but russians are damn fast and very technical, this will be the best game of the tournament probably.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad