GDT: WJC: Russia Vs Sweden | December 26th @ 2:30PM MT

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
SWE-V-RUS.jpg

*Time listed aboved is NZDT.... did it really have to show it local time?

full

Russia
Confirmed Tournament Roster

RUS.jpg

full

Sweden
Confirmed Tournament Roster

SWE.jpg

Do not ask for or provide links to ANY illegal streams

Gold Standard

Sep 7, 2018
Is Sweden still riding that win streak in opening rd. games?

Regardless, I'll take the Swedes to win this one in a close 4-3 game.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Nope, that win streak is finally over.

Wallstedt vs Askarov. Battle of the titans.

Yeah I think it was more of a curse for the Swedes, yet admirable. This year the group is tough so there will be a lot of high-level games to prepare the team for the quarters.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
I won't write my tip now, I'll wait for the lineup annoucement and see what line Ake's phantom will play and if Forsfjäll will play. I saw the Canada-Russia pre-tournament match and even thought Zubov coached badly, it still wasn't as bad as coaching Monten. I'm usually optimistic about Swedish chances at the WJC, but in this tournament I think Sweden will fly home after the quarterfinals.:(

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I won't write my tip now, I'll wait for the lineup annoucement and see what line Ake's phantom will play and if Forsfjäll will play. I saw the Canada-Russia pre-tournament match and even thought Zubov coached badly, it still wasn't as bad as coaching Monten. I'm usually optimistic about Swedish chances at the WJC, but in this tournament I think Sweden will fly home after the quarterfinals.:(
I'm pretty certain the practice lines are the lines for Sweden, so:

Olausson - Eklund - Holtz
Åke - Ljungman - Lysell
Torgersson - Niederbach - Rosén (Sjöberg)
Magnusson - Ekmark - Nybeck (Stenman)

Edvinsson - Grans
Lööf - Nyström
Andrae - Olsson

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
If Askarov doesn't step up and plays better than he usually does at the WJC´s? Then I believe in a Swedish 7-3 victory.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
I'm pretty certain the practice lines are the lines for Sweden, so:

Olausson - Eklund - Holtz
Åke - Ljungman - Lysell
Torgersson - Niederbach - Rosén (Sjöberg)
Magnusson - Ekmark - Nybeck (Stenman)

Edvinsson - Grans
Lööf - Nyström
Andrae - Olsson

Defending the good, there is no problem here and Wallstedt will show that there is a better goalkeeper at the WJC than Askarov. Damn, what about the offensives line? I also want to see Nyström in a big role, he has good season at the club and for me is a player to watch.

There has never been pressure on Monten? Damn, I don't believe that aynone cars for six years of misery and that Sweden has had a better team in the past, but the potential of those teams has been thrown in to the trash. Finland sometimes has a worse team than Sweden, the difference is good coaching and the Finns have it regularly. I'm sure if Pennanen got the Swedsih team to the WJC, he probably would never lose to Switzerland !!

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
I think the leash is short now with Askarov, it's his last chance to show up today or they are going with someone else for the rest of this tournament.

Reactions: Statsy

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
Hoping for a Sweden win. Askarov was really shaky vs Canada in the pretournament game and I feel it is going to continue in this game. 4-2 Sweden with the 2 Russian goals coming on the Powerplay.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010

Askarov (Guskov)
Mukhamadullin - Smirnov - Demidov - Khusnutdinov - Michkov
Kirsanov - Novikov - Svechkov - Tankov - Chibrikov
Grudinin - Steklov - Tyutnev - Guslistov - Pashin
Savikov - Zinchenko - Zlodeev - Yurov - Ponomaryov

Reactions: c9gunner

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad