WJC - Russia 2017

Raptor1990

May 21, 2013
Devínska Nová Ves
This 2016 team was probably weakest in last 6 years. Wonder they got silver and its like gold for them really.
But now 1998 and upwards Slepets, Abramov, Rubtsov, Provorov, Sergachyov, Kaprizov, Polunin etc looks much better.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I will post my projection a bit later. They will be strong down the middle (Rubtsov, Vorobiev) and on defense (Sergachev, Rykov-Voronkov pairing returning) and in goal (Samsonov eligible to return).

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I have not thought about this very deeply yet. Please add names I have not considered.

In no particular order.

Center
Mikhail Vorobiev
German Rubtsov
Yakov Trenin (QMJHL)
Mikhail Meshcheryakov
Dmitri Zhukenov (QMJHL)

Wing
Denis Guryanov
Kirill Kaprizov
Vitaly Abramov (QMJHL)
Evgeni Mityakin
Alexander Polunin
Nikita Popugaev (WHL)
Vladimir Kuznetsov (QMJHL)
Danil Yurtaikin
Mikhail Maltsev
Roman Ivashov
Alexander Zhebelev
Artem Artemov (OHL)
Vladimir Bobylev (WHL)
Dmitri Sokolov (OHL)
Nikolai Chebykin

Defense
Ivan Provorov (likely in the NHL)
Mikhail Sergachev (OHL)
Egor Rykov
Egor Voronkov
Sergei Zborovsky (WHL)
Mikhail Sidorov
Andrei Bannikov
Alexander Shchemerov
Artem Volkov
Artem Chmykhov
Nikita Makeyev
Dmitri Alexeev
Artem Vladimirov
Alexander Kozyrev
Alexei Platonov

Goaltenders
Ilya Samsonov
Anton Krasotkin
Mikhail Berdin
Vladislav Sukhachev
* I am probably missing some valid '97-born names.

It will be a good team if coached well.

Last edited:

enj92

Oct 2, 2015
Ufa
Kirill Kaprizov - German Rubtsov - Denis Guryanov
Vitali Abramov - Dmitri Zhukenov - Dmitry Sokolov
Alexander Polunin - Yakov Trenin - Nikita A. Popugayev
Danil Yurtaikin - Mikhail Vorobyov - Nikolai Chebykin

Ivan Provorov (if available) - Mikhail Sergachyov
Yegor Rykov - Yegor Voronkov
Artyom Volkov - Sergei Zborovsky
Alexander Shchemerov - Mikhail Sidorov

Ilya Samsonov
Anton Krasotkin
Vladislav Sukhachyov

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
*** - trenin - abramov
kaprizov - rubtsov - guryanov
*** - zhukenov - sokolov
mityakin - vorobyev - ivashov

i doubt polunin will be effective on the small ice and without kraskovskiy and korshkov.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
I can't stress skating speed enough and I will again :D. Bragin - get these **** to train to skate fast as hell!! We can't afford losing games because of that.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
the first one is american and played for usa already. the second isn't that good. i'd glad to see karnaukhov play for belarus

Yan played at non-IIHF tournaments, so he is still eligible for Russia. Last thing I heard about him was that he hasn't decided which country to represent. Imo, if he decides to represent Russia, it should be done already this spring, as probably Bragin won't wait for too long. I'm not actually sure we need him, but him being over 1,5 ppg at QMJHL this season makes me think he could be useful.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I believe the rules are pretty simple. Even if you have played for a particular country while under the age of 18, you do not belong to that country's national program.

In other words, Yan can pick either of the countries at the moment. However I will not add him to my list until I see that he commits to Russia.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
In other words, Yan can pick either of the countries at the moment. However I will not add him to my list until I see that he commits to Russia.

Yeah, I totally agree with that approach.

Abut the list itself, some possible additions:

W
Roman Krikunenko
Nikita Li
Yegor Babenko

D
Vadim Kudako

C
Mikhail Maltsev (he is listed as W at your list, whie I've seen him only playing at C, maybe I'm wrong though)

Not exactly sure what Platonov and Zhebelev are doing on your list, I mean, I know that Bragin is a magician, but so far he wasn't practicing necromancy. :sarcasm:

Overall looks like we're looking rather deep at RW (which is usual) and at C (maybe not exactly depth here, but I expect Trenin, Rubtsov and Vorobyov to be a solid top centers and for the 4-th position competition is good enough). LW position has Kaprizov and Polunin which kind of limits other not too physical player opportunities, as Bragin rarely goes with more than 3 of those kind of guys (which is understandable actually). In goal we should have an undisputed number one in Samsonov. Situation at D is rather tricky, but at least we have some valid candidates this time even without Provorov. Hopefully Rykov, Voronkov and Zborovskiy will step it up as currently they look promising, but kind of shaky. Of course, high hopes for Sergachyov too.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Mikhail Maltsev (he is listed as W at your list, whie I've seen him only playing at C, maybe I'm wrong though)

He has played both.

Not exactly sure what Platonov and Zhebelev are doing on your list, I mean, I know that Bragin is a magician, but so far he wasn't practicing necromancy. :sarcasm:

Hmmm?

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I am still baffled as to why Sokolov left for NA. He was regarded as one of the most talented Russians in years and now I am not sure if he can reach his potential playing abroad

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
I believe Sokolov was attempting to escape a crumbling reputation at home and instead earned himself one on both sides of the ocean.

Raptor1990

May 21, 2013
Devínska Nová Ves
I am still baffled as to why Sokolov left for NA. He was regarded as one of the most talented Russians in years and now I am not sure if he can reach his potential playing abroad

Most talented Russians play in KHL so far.

Kaprizov - He plays in awful team and still he managed to be top scorer for his team.
41 games and 24 points at age 18 almost equal to Tarasenko, Panarin and Kuznetsov.

Kazakov - Was perfect with Kaprizov and has 36 points in 70 games in overall. Age 22.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad