WJC-Russia-2016

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
Svechnikov=Filatov, Semin.

Do you remember even Filatov ? Poor guy.
On other side Polunin seems to be next generation Datsyuk, or one of the very few offense guys who does not such at defense and sometimes even offense like most of the Russian "superstars".

On offence, I'm liking Polunin, Kamenev, Korshkov, Dergachev, Fazleev. Those guys stand out so far.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Svechnikov=Filatov, Semin.

Do you remember even Filatov ? Poor guy.
On other side Polunin seems to be next generation Datsyuk, or one of the very few offense guys who does not such at defense and sometimes even offense like most of the Russian "superstars".

Filatov loves himself too much. I'm sure he can still get a job as a Sears catalogue model or something of the sort.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
My sole complaint about Bragin: Georgiev should not have played. Another mediocre performance from him. I don't think Bragin truly appreciated the brilliance of Samsonov and his bias towards 19-year olds served him poorly there. Nevertheless, I love Bragin.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
It would not be good if he turned into worthless NT players really.
Hopefully Svechnikov showed only his bad days.

Actually, Semin's history of performances for the NT were surprisingly good. He seemed to give max effort for the NT, including playing well on PK.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
My sole complaint about Bragin: Georgiev should not have played. Another mediocre performance from him. I don't think Bragin truly appreciated the brilliance of Samsonov and his bias towards 19-year olds served him poorly there. Nevertheless, I love Bragin.

In playing Georgiev, Bragin made his bed, and now he has to lay in it.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Something tells me Samsonov was hurt.

He got smashed multiple times in USA game and was slow to get up a couple of times.

Maybe it wasn't that serious, but Bragin still didn't want to put him in as a precaution.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014

Yeah, that was clearly a mistake. No idea why he did that.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Historical data shows that a goalie on back to back games plays significantly worse. Bragin has made a very justifiable decision, which is not the reason why we had lost.
I blame Kamenev for game misconduct, an act not worthy of capitancy no matter how frustrating the refs have been. I blame Svechnikov - have no explanation of his performance unless an undisclosed injury - he totally stunk. And I give all the props to team Finnland.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
If you ignore other variables, then sure. Such as the fact that Samsonov is miles better than Georgiev.

Yeah, I thought that was a mistake too by Bragin, though Georgiev did make some very good stops, one time he made a glove save point blank, none of our defencemen were around the net

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
According to Bragin, Samsonov was too exausted after the semifinal.

I'm a big fan of Bragin, but this sounds like an excuse to cover his backside. Samsonov only played in 2 of 6 games, so I don't know what would have exhausted him. This was a decision by Bragin that might have made the difference between Silver and Gold.

BlitzSnipe

Dec 28, 2014
I'm a big fan of Bragin, but this sounds like an excuse to cover his backside. Samsonov only played in 2 of 6 games, so I don't know what would have exhausted him. This was a decision by Bragin that might have made the difference between Silver and Gold.

Well, nobody's perfect - other than that, Bragin got the best he could've out of a team without obvious 'stars'.

Yakushev72

Dec 27, 2010
Well, nobody's perfect - other than that, Bragin got the best he could've out of a team without obvious 'stars'.

Agreed. Many people, myself included, sort of wrote Russia off for their chances of getting on the medal podium. And yet, they came within a single shot of winning a Gold Medal in overtime. I think Russia just ran into a lot of bad luck the last 2 years - advancing to the Gold Medal Game against the host countries, Canada and Finland, both of whom were fueled by extremely emotional, frenzied crowds supporting them. Russia presented itself extremely well in both games. I hope the RHF gives Bragin a raise in salary and continues to employ him as U20 coach!

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
The good news would be Bragin taking over the senior NT in two years... or earlier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad