WJC REL: Jan 2 GDT - Switzerland vs. Austria (6-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Swiss have shown me something in this tourney. A quality program. I say they'll beat Austria comfortably: 7-2.

chicpea*

4-2 Swiss. Vanek with little ice; Bartschi gets 1 goal, 3 assists.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
The Swiss are improving their talent level and getting NO results. This is pitiful. Too much talent to be happy with a blowout loss to Canada and losses to so-so Czech and Finnish teams. They really need to find some heart , and someone who gets results in the clutch. I have been a huge backer of the Swiss and the strides they made but its time they start winning some big games and not just be happy to be there. Pretty awful and not much short of embarrassing. Part of me hopes they get destroyed tomorrow so they will wake the hell up. :madfire:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Is this definitely the last game for the Swiss?

They aren't in the Quarterfinals, so I assume it's one consolation game and that's it?

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Rob said:
Prediction - Swiss 7 Austria 1

I wonder if there is much competetion between these two countries in other sporting events?

There was a bitter rivalry - in skiing. But now Switzerland sucks :D.

Anyways, Austrians will play with heart and full emotion. Lange has shown he is hot. Vanek will be hungry for goals.

I doubt there will be more than 2 goals difference. Both sides should have a chance to get the win.

Strizzi

Aug 8, 2002
Visit site
MrKnowNothing said:
Is this definitely the last game for the Swiss?

They aren't in the Quarterfinals, so I assume it's one consolation game and that's it?
They're supposed to play Sweden as well, but that game won't have a meaning anymore.

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
Fan.At said:
There was a bitter rivalry - in skiing. But now Switzerland sucks :D.

Anyways, Austrians will play with heart and full emotion. Lange has shown he is hot. Vanek will be hungry for goals.

I doubt there will be more than 2 goals difference. Both sides should have a chance to get the win.

Switzerland sucks in skiing - Austria in hockey :(

Fan.At

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2002
HFNHL Preds
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
6:2 for us!

poor guy...

yeah the Austrian have great skiers but how many years was Switzerland the leading nation??? many

They'll come back!
I'm really dissappointed. It seems that Austrian hockey is not able to compete with B-Class nations. I knew that we would have no chance against USA, Russia ... but I thought Switzerland would be in reach.

Zorkan

Fan.At said:
I'm really dissappointed. It seems that Austrian hockey is not able to compete with B-Class nations. I knew that we would have no chance against USA, Russia ... but I thought Switzerland would be in reach.

I don't think it's realistic to compare the swiss youth program to the
austrian one yet. Switzerland will face some very tough years, but
in the last few years they have been miles ahead of the austrian
youth program. It looks like that might change soon, with Switzerland
having some bad years (>85) coming. Anything else than a clear
victory of this swiss team over the austrian team would have been
a surprise, really.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Strizzi said:
They're supposed to play Sweden as well, but that game won't have a meaning anymore.

Well, that's another game I hope Bartschi does well in

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->