WJC QF: Jan 2 GDT - Sweden 5 Czech Republic 1

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Bäckström with a good wrist shot, good save by the Czech goalie. Omark picks up the rebound behind the goal at the boards and shoots it in by the back leg on the goalie.

Son of Krypton

Wow, Omark has been great this tournament.

As a Luleå fan, I've been very impressed by his SEL season this far, but he's really exceded my expectations in the WJC.
Nice to see the other Luleå players, Isaksson and Lindquist, playing well too.

4-1.
Nice, Berglund.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Wonder how many times the commentators have said Bäckström in a positive context, 150?

And he hasn´t even been that good, I could easily name 10 Swedes that have been better tonight.

4-1

espo*

Wonder how many times the commentators have said Bäckström in a positive context, 150?

And he hasn´t even been that good, I could easily name 10 Swedes that have been better tonight.

4-1

backstrom is Pierre's boy today.I'd disagree about 10 players being better then him though,he's been one of their top players today IMO.

4-1 ,i hear less complaining about the reffing now.

Coincidence?

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
backstrom is Pierre's boy today.I'd disagree about 10 players being better then him though,he's been one of their top players today IMO.

Coincidence?
To be fair, one of the Czech penalties just recently was quite redicilous. There's so many goals now you don't have any time to complain right now. ;) But, the first period WAS worse in terms of what he chose to blow the whistle for and not blow for.

And there he could have picked another Swedish penalty on the 5 on 3 for a stick in the mouth... but chose to pick a weak Czech penalty on the play after. If he could just blow for the obvious penalties and STOP taking non-existing penalties on battles along the boards.

And there he bought another Czech dive.. hahaha...

The Swedish PBP commentators are quite "dissatisfied" with him and rightfully so. I don't think the Czech fans like him any more.

Last edited:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Has Bergfors been playing at all? I mean, I know he wasn't play well at all the first couple games but is he just being stashed on the 4th line and not getting much ice time? He's too talented to stay dormant for too long.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus

Coincidence?

Penalty for Sweden.

Useless refs!!:D

Edit: Another penalty for Sweden.. Here we go again..

daikan

(╯︵╰,)
Oct 28, 2005
Berlin
To be fair, one of the Czech penalties just recently was quite redicilous. There's so many goals now you don't have any time to complain right now. ;) But, the first period WAS worse in terms of what he chose to blow the whistle for and not blow for.

And now there was a non-call on a high stick by Hellström (I think) and a marginal call on a Czech player. ;)

And now a bad call on a swedish player on a dive. Eh..

espo*

Hmmm.I watched the first period and while there were calls no-one likes to see it was'nt anything that was tipping the balance for a team one way or the other and no differnt then any other game here.Sweden is a better team and should win this game,when the score was tight every second post was complaining about the reffing and how it was keeping Czechs in the game(even stuff that were'nt penalties on the Czechs) Now they are up 4-1 and refs don't seem to be a problem.

I know there is stuff we all don't want seen called but it is gonna happen every game.I saw nothing that was overly in favour of the Czechs however.The closeness of the score is the common denominator on ref complaints IMO.

You make the call.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->