WJC QF: Jan 2 GDT - Sweden 5 Czech Republic 1

reaper

May 1, 2005
Karma is a ***** =) Chechs should have had 2 penalties in that shift and Sweden scores on a beautiful onetimer :)

What's most impressive with this Swedish team is the way the stand up for each other and the huge hits they deliver, best tackles in the tournament has come frmo Swedes so far :)

Last edited:

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
I hope this ref won't have any more games after this.. wth is he doing out there?

Enroth got mad as hell for that goal and rightfully so... he should have had that.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
The damn ref is pulling penalties on Sweden like bunnies out of a hat, what´s up with this ****??

reaper

May 1, 2005
The referee makes it 2-1. Seriously nice shot but the referee totally blows just like all the other games!!!

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
The referee makes it 2-1. Seriously nice shot but the referee totally blows just like all the other games!!!
Deja vu.

You could think we whine on him just for the sake of it, but when you every single time just sit there and say "WHAT?!" out in straight air...

He blows the whistle on nothing and doesn't blow on the most obvious things. But sure, he blows. :sarcasm:

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Im totally neutral on the game, and this ref is HORRIBLE. Totally screwing the Swedes. Just for that im gonna root for them. This ref better not ref another game

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
WOW!! Sweden actually got a penalty on an opponent just as the fat lady sang. I mean, there´s only been like 4-5 obvious "chech" penalties this period that the ref overlooked. The obvious dive a few minutes ago included.

Where are the refs from??

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
How can an IIHF ref NOT know that is an automatic penalty for playing without your helmet? Same thing when that Czech player cleared the puck out into his own bench. Didn't touch any sticks nor the boards.

And I might be a bit biased here, but I seem to see a lot of Czech diving.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
How can an IIHF ref NOT know that is an automatic penalty for playing without your helmet? Same thing when that Czech player cleared the puck out into his own bench. Didn't touch any sticks nor the boards.

And I might be a bit biased here, but I seem to see a lot of Czech diving.
Yup, AT LEAST 3 obvious Czech penalties that he didn't care about (tripping on Bäckström, playing without helmet, intentional delay of game) and then I didn't count the diving.

Compare that to the Swedish penalties he sometimes has found in his magic hat.

Is it too much to ask for at least a bit of consistency?

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Despite the refs being on the take or simply untalented, and the czechs diving every other time they´re on the ice, this game is awsome. A couple of bonecrushing hits, beautiful goals and energy I can´t even see in the NHL:

espo*

So much for the hope of reffing consistency... :shakehead Tripping of the game on Bäckström and the Czech player continued to play without the helmet.

Nice save on Bäckström's shot by the Czech goalie though.

WOW! What a shot! Sundström again. His second SWEET goal of the tournament, he has a cannon there.

Way to go ref. What a joke.

I'm really impressed by Lindqvist, Zachrisson, Sundström and Isaksson.

is the trip on backstrom you are referring to the play where he made the drag move? because that was not tripping on the czech player,Backstrom attempted and pulled off the drag move and when he lifted his skate on the move going forward he lifted it right into the Czech defenders thigh/hip.Good non -call by the ref.Backstrom tripped himself on that play.It would have been a total bogus call if the Czech had been penalized.

Sweden just has to keep playing the way they are playing and they should win.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Despite the refs being on the take or simply untalented, and the czechs diving every other time they´re on the ice, this game is awsome. A couple of bonecrushing hits, beautiful goals and energy I can´t even see in the NHL:
Yes, you're right about that. The players have made their best to make this a very intertaining game.

Now they talked about why the Swedish goalie Modig wasn't selected for the squad, one of the biggest question marks according to me. He has played alot in SEL and has the best saving percentage of all goalies. Any way you put it, that's pretty damn impressive for such a young goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad