WJC QF: Jan 2 GDT - Finland 3 vs. USA 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
1min left of first period, PP time and what does Tolvanen do, puts in freaking 2nd PP line. WAKE UP TOLVANEN! :banghead:

He's even mixed them up now. Laakso played with Kurki behind Komarov's line. What the hell is the point of that? Lindgren-line +Laakso was probably the deadliest PP of the tournament. Why break that up?

Kaktus*

Finland will have 1 min PP in 2nd with better ice.. From what I hear they created some good chances on their 1st PP.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I hope they ask Waddel why he traded Jack Johnson. Waddel says that three players on the USA team are top prospects, then they don´t ask which three. That infuriates me.

Don Waddell didn't trade JMFJ, Jim Rutherford did

DisplacedIslander

Wherever I May Roam
Jul 3, 2003
HF Purgatory
Visit site
I hope they ask Waddel why he traded Jack Johnson. Waddel says that three players on the USA team are top prospects, then they don´t ask which three. That infuriates me.

JJ was traded because he wouldn't sign with Carolina. They wanted him to play in the American League, and he refused to leave UM, felt he needed more time at the collegiate level.

He got moved to LA, who is more than happy to let him develop and bring him to the pros when his eligibility is finished.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
JJ was traded because he wouldn't sign with Carolina. They wanted him to play in the American League, and he refused to leave UM, felt he needed more time at the collegiate level.

He got moved to LA, who is more than happy to let him develop and bring him to the pros when his eligibility is finished.

When his eligibility is finished? Okay, now you´re the one who is wrong. No NHL team is going to leave a top-3 draft pick in college for four year.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
I can't believe the stupid passes the Finns make in their own zone. They deserve to lose this game, even if they're otherwise playing one of their better games.

Joretus

2-0, Joensuu shows why I really don't like him at all. Great play 2nd line.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Now Laakso is looking like he's avoiding penalties... not playing like himself at all (maybe a good thing, maybe not...)

Roger's Pancreas*

When his eligibility is finished? Okay, now you´re the one who is wrong. No NHL team is going to leave a top-3 draft pick in college for four year.

Look at the top six of the Kings: Mattias Norstrom, Lubomir Visnovsky, Rob Blake, Aaron Miller, Brent Sopel, and Oleg Tverdovsky. They can afford to ease Johnson into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad