WJC Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
Slight Breakdown

Canada seems to have a better overall size/speed ratio this year. There is no way they will not be in the hunt. Tambellini and Crosby will be very prominent. We will have to get used to tight games because the other teams have talent too. Durocher will be under scrutiny for his work in tight games.
USA - Much talent and if Montoya is ready to deliver then this team is right there. Really nice mix.
Russia- Wildcard, could be first , could be fifth. Weird politics on the blueline make slfe interesting.
Finland-Another wildcard, they will be systematic and wound up at home. A tough team but not a favorite.
Czechs. Now these guys pose a problem for anyone. There have been examples of cohesive Czech teams trapping the life out of teams and being successful. That could very well happen here. They will test canada's patience.
Sweden- They have been weak in the last few years but a return to form would not surprise me. If a goaltender emerges they will be in business. last years goaltending was well beyond putrid, some of the worst goaltending i've ever witnessed at this tournament.
Slovakia- Little impact, could be their weakest effort in years.
Switzerland. A team that scares many of the heavyweights. Usually full of verve and skill. If Stephan can play better than last year they can do damage.
Ukraine- I honestly have no real idea what they can do. The brightest note i can remember from them is Igor karpenko's play about 10 years ago. he was the top goalie in the tourney.
Austria. Not sure what system they will employ, not sure of the talent level. I really don't have a good handle on them and i really believe that Belarus and maybe Germany are better than both teams. I'm not a big fan of the automatic relegation. I would rather see the teams winning DIV1 play off against the relegated teams. We don't have the ten best teams in the world here,and i have no proof of that.

Oilerboy40

Dec 10, 2003
Visit site
Man i wish Zherdev and Babchuk would play for Ukraine. Zherdev i think is ineligible, but Babchuk i think could play???? Anyways go Canada Go.

Last edited:

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Oilerboy40 said:
Man i wish Zherdev and Babchuk would play for Ukraine. Zherdev i think is ineligible, but Babchuk could play???? Anyways go Canada Go.

Zherdev already showed his allegiance to Team Russia playing with them in the WJC last year, so he can't play for any other team than Team Russia in the future, and I doubt that'll happen any time in the forseeable future.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
JasonMacIsaac said:
Hello Hello Hello :)

Great. Now everybody will be reading this whole thread thinking it's predictions for this year instead of last year... putz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->