GDT: WJC Pre-Competition: Team USA (Galchenyuk) vs Team Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Gally been playing nice around the goal. Doesn't let himself roughed after whistle even tho it was Ristolainen roughing him. I like that he can play in the dirty area. Nice defensive play to block a pass in front of the net as well. He also took a faceoff on the PP in offensive zone despite being used at the wing.

He took a pretty big hit behind the net, got back up and created a scoring chance by breaking free from behind the net with the puck and dishing it off in the paint. Kid has a lot of grit to his game that we don't get to see much of with the Sting, mainly because he doesn't need to play that style with his dominating skill level.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Phoenix has a stud in Murphy. Kid is going to be a lock for their top 4 rotation in time and will likely be there for many, many years.

Geecko

Aug 21, 2012
He took a pretty big hit behind the net, got back up and created a scoring chance by breaking free from behind the net with the puck and dishing it off in the paint. Kid has a lot of grit to his game that we don't get to see much of with the Sting, mainly because he doesn't need to play that style with his dominating skill level.

Very true. He often would crash the net and get right back up and keep going. He also looks pretty big live. Square shoulders :)

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Oh, **** off. US taking too many stupid stick penalties today.

I honestly don't know why they're playing him both games. They're clearly still evaluating a lot of players.

Agreed. It's nice to see him but they need to make a few more cuts. It will be a lot more fun when Gally and Trochek are playing more together... IF US can stay out of the box.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Maybe gally as great work ethic and skills but has made several blind intercepted passes and lots of shots where there was just no angle and most blocked as well, also he has hard time keeping the momentum in the offensive zone, he seems to be more counter attack expert... i see the talent but to be honest not impressed with his performance so far. Chemistry and ice time as surely something to do but i really expected Galchenyuk to lead this team.. so far i can say he has been almost a non-factor.

Last edited:

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
2nd period:
4 shifts, 4:07 TOI

Breakdown:
2:48 ES
1:19 PP
0:00 PK

Stats:
1 shot that missed the net, 1 turnover

Rundown:
First shift was a bad one because of Trochek not being able to handle a single pass of Galchenyuk's. He got some PP time and looked good, handling the puck well in the right circle. He's definitely looking room to make the sharp pivot and fire his hard wrister. Trochek and Gally also played some 4-on-4 and looked better than they did at the start of the 2nd. Gally needs more ice time, and that will come once US can figure out how stick minors are called in the WJC.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Maybe gally as great work ethic and skills but has made several blind intercepted passes and lots of shots where there was just no angle and most blocked as well, also he has hard time keeping the momentum in the offensive zone, he seems to be more counter attack expert... i see the talent but to be honest not impressed with his performance so far. Chemistry and ice time as surely something to do but i really expected Galchenyuk to lead this team.. so far i can clearly say he has been almost a non-factor.

He has 8:12 TOI after two periods. Not sure how much of a factor he can be when he's spending most of the game on the bench. He's won a few battles along the board and has used his body well, so I'm not sure where the momentum part is coming from. He's looked his best today when he has played in the corners and behind the net.

NewHabsEra*

Maybe gally as great work ethic and skills but has made several blind intercepted passes, also he has hard time keeping the momentum in the offensive zone, he seems to be more counter attack expert... i see the talent but to be honest not impressed with his performance so far.

He is never on the ice.. no PK time and the US took some penalities just before his regular shifts come.. I see what you mean about some blind passes, but he is trying to find chimestry with his partners.. Im not sure what you mean about losing his momentum in the off. zone, thats an incridible high paced game on bigger ice, so the NA guys will all have to adjust, Canadians players included.. That Finland team is prety good, possibly one of their best teams iced ever, that have a chance to the gold this year just like Canada Russia Sweden USA.. Personally I loved how Gally crushed the net in this game so far but plz, JUST PLAY HIM!

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
He has 8:12 TOI after two periods. Not sure how much of a factor he can be when he's spending most of the game on the bench. He's won a few battles along the board and has used his body well, so I'm not sure where the momentum part is coming from. He's looked his best today when he has played in the corners and behind the net.

Yes , really hard being a factor when you dont have a lot of ice time. I think he looked good
thoo this period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->