WJC: WJC Online Broadcasting?

Fried Tree Sap

May 12, 2016
I have recently had to cancel my TV subscription, and am none too happy about missing out on the World Juniors. I've been looking into ways to stream them online and am perfectly willing to pay.

Living in the U.S. I always have the option to sign up for a month of Sling TV or Fubo in order to get access to the NHL network, but I have never been too happy with their coverage in the past as they don't broadcast all of the games. Does anyone know if there are any better legal alternatives for streaming the WJC in the U.S.? Frustratingly enough, I just can't seem to find very much information about the broadcasting schedule, and don't want to start spending money with out knowing what I'm getting out of it.

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
I figure the only way to get ALL the games is to watch it on TSN. If you're in the US, that's a problem.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Don't they usually stream the WJCs on YouTube? I feel like they have in the past, or am I thinking of a different event?

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Don't they usually stream the WJCs on YouTube? I feel like they have in the past, or am I thinking of a different event?

I think it depends on who is hosting. I've watched it on youtube some years, but others have not been available. I think it has to do with who airs it on tv and/or if anyone have bought the rights to it in your own country.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
NHLN-US is your option. You'll find that the first three days of the WJC are already in their listings, with all games covered live, except for Day 1 & 3 2PM ET games on 12PM, 2PM, 4PM, 8PM ET gamedays. Those 2 PM ET games will get morning replays the next day.

Reactions: MatthewFlames

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
FYI, USA pre-tournament games will be available on FastHockey, HockeyTV, whatever you want to call it, while Canada's should be on TSN.

Reactions: JimboA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad