GDT: WJC Nuge vs Yak

Status
Not open for further replies.

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
I bet that first liners in swiss leuage is up against nhl competition in almost every game now. Look at the rosters! Khl hasnt better first liners right now. Didnt omark doing well in khl also?

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
MPS lit up the WJC's a few years back.
Yes he did. And lets not pretend that it didn't throw Oilernation into a tizzy about what a great first line player he was going to be.
He's still dining out on that tournament.

Going overboard with the expectations based off one tournament is just as bad as getting too critical.
Amusing that some of the parties most guilty of doing the former are the same ones complaining today about other posters doing the latter.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
sequin? SEQUIN? that's how we're spelling it now?

I want to hear how people who spell his name with a Q pronounce his name.

Don't let the ongoing inside joke float over your heads or anything...

tumblr_lld970xQWC1qb10a5o1_500.jpg

brad-marchand-and-tyler-seguin-partying1.jpg

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Yes he did. And lets not pretend that it didn't throw Oilernation into a tizzy about what a great first line player he was going to be.
He's still dining out on that tournament.

Going overboard with the expectations based off one tournament is just as bad as getting too critical.
Amusing that some of the parties most guilty of doing the former are the same ones complaining today about other posters doing the latter.

Hey I was a big Jani Rita fan as well before he pun on a Oiler jersey. The list of players who do very well in short international tourneys and then struggle for a bit in the NHL is very long.

The biggest difference here however is that Yak is the most recent #1 overall pick and has owned every level of hockey he has played at except this tournament.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Yakupov hasn't impressed me one little bit. Hard to stay positive right now

Wtf.. Marchand and Sequin have mirrored tattoos or something? So it collapses together when they hug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->