GDT: WJC Nuge vs Yak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Wow that i call overvalue yakupov! With a lost season the 2013 pick wouldnt be that high, and 2014 with a stellar 2 c and some talent d taking the next step, we reach the playoffs and that pick isnt a big lost, im pretty sure that boston fans wouldnt take my proposalI hadnt protested if we had picked seguin for hall, both gonna reach star level in a very talent entrydraft.I understand from your nick that you just bought you a yak jersey.

And you see nothing wrong with packaging a recent 1st overall pick and 2 first round picks for a player who's not even a first line center on his own team?

So Yak has a bad tourney and now he's a MPS clone? Holy hell is this getting ridiculous.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Sequin was not playing center on the Bruins simply because of the depth of that team, and their philosophy for developing players.
or that he simply is not ready to be a center and very well may never be one at the NHL level.

Sequin is one of the leading scorers in the Swiss League this year, and for years to come will be one of the best centers in the NHL. Sequin = Hall >>> Yakupov.

Omark
31 13 32 45
Sequin
29 25 15 40

By the same outstanding logic one could say that Omark will be one of the best wingers in the NHL for years to come simply because he is dominating in a European B league. You also conveniently ignore that Yakupov is putting up almost unheard of stats for a 19 year old in the KHL. A much better league than the Swiss league.

Hall>>>Omark = Sequin
The 2012 Oilers draft, given their draft position, will go do as one of their worst yet. Yakupov, though a good player, was trending down and should never have gone 1st over all. He reminds me a lot of MPS; lots of speed and drive ... but no finish. Long term, he should fit in as a solid 2nd line winger, behind Eberle. Unfortunately, with the 1st pick overall we should of had a home run like Galchenyuk.

Hahahaha he was the undisputed #1 pick on almost every mock for a whole year up to the draft. He never trended downward. Yaks greatest asset is his ability to finish, when he played on Galchenyuk's line YAKUPOV was the finisher. Galchenyuk was never considered a home run and was considered a much more risky pick because of injury concerns. Yakupov was the consensus home run pick.

Unless it's a top 5 pick, the Oilers have no clue now to draft (Eberle was the nut that even a blind squirrel finds now and then).
well thats convenient for you to say, but Oilers management made the pick and developed the player. They deserve credit where it is due. Eberle was considered anything but a home run pick and had question marks about his game .

sign a free agent (and Schulzt picked the Oilers .... not the other way around)
Dont all free agents pick which team they want to sign with. Pretty sure thats how it works. The Oilers made the best presentation which was made very clear by the media, they convinced him to choose Edmonton over Toronto, New York and Vancouver. Thats almost a small miracle.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Keep telling yourself that.

You picked the most logical part of that post to nitpick. It's totally conceivable that Seguin is as good as Hall. The rest of that post is cringeworthy.
I have been really critical of Yakupov but some of the overreaction here is laughable.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
And you see nothing wrong with packaging a recent 1st overall pick and 2 first round picks for a player who's not even a first line center on his own team?

So Yak has a bad tourney and now he's a MPS clone? Holy hell is this getting ridiculous.

MPS > Yak ;)

Agreed, its becoming extremely ridiculous. Obviously we're exaggerating but people are definitely panicking (yes panicking) for no real reason.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

No Yak is a MPS clone because Sequin is putting up decent stats in the Swiss league LOL!

Krigaren*

According to swedish media yak acts like a primadonna. Yells at teammates for not getting passes on the tape, floats and argues with teammates on the bench...
I can really see Hall And Yak arguing it out, both seems to be a bit ego.. but hey thats not a bad thing there isnt enough bleeding in todays hockey

Also this is RNH´s favourite song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv4CbyTndK8

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Yak hasn't looked good..
but lets be honest.. Russia has sucked.

Why even talk about trading him? Talk about overreaction. Hopefully we will get to see him later this month in the NHL.

The WJC causes mass hysteria every year on HF. That's not to say I wouldn't rather have seen Yakupov dominate and lead the tournament in scoring, but the fact that he's struggled doesn't mean he's any less the top prospect he was 3 weeks ago.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
MPS > Yak ;)

Agreed, its becoming extremely ridiculous. Obviously we're exaggerating but people are definitely panicking (yes panicking) for no real reason.

Well MPS was a WC tourney All-star a few years ago. So since short tounaments are now the standard for judging a players career potential, yes MPS > Yak

McClelland

Aug 2, 2011
Bergen
I know I needed to stay off the main board because of all the negativity but I didn't think this many people on the Oilers board would actually believe that we should trade Yak and that apparently he is the worst of all our 1st overalls already.

If you have watched him play you can tell he is the one that should have gone first overall...not worried one bit about him. He will be amazing in our system with Hall, Ebs, Nuge, and Schultz. It would be silly to trade him now. I also have a lot of respect for Krueger and I think he will be a very good coach for us and help Yak thrive here.

Who said that yak is turning up to bust. He is a talent russian with a real firegun and a good skater. We need a stellar c more, gags and horc and belanger is a nightmares a a c in a topline. Obvious some fans ignore that fact.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
According to swedish media yak acts like a primadonna. Yells at teammates for not getting passes on the tape, floats and argues with teammates on the bench...
I can really see Hall And Yak arguing it out, both seems to be a bit ego.. but hey thats not a bad thing there isnt enough bleeding in todays hockey

Awesome because its not like the Swedish media is now notorious for over exaggeration and losing true meanings in translation.

I could see how Yak is getting frustrated though.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Who said that yak is turning up to bust. He is a talent russian with a real firegun and a good skater. We need a stellar c more, gags and horc and belanger is a nightmares a a c in a topline. Obvious some fans ignore that fact.

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins?

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010

good..oilers need a player that can play top six minutes and isnt afraid to hold teamates accountable..
I bet Messier and Gretzky yelled at each other more tham once or twice..

I want Yakupov to be a complete ***** to his teamates if they dont play hard.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
Awesome because its not like the Swedish media is now notorious for over exaggeration and losing true meanings in translation.

I would be frustrated as hell with Russias play

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009
MPS lit up the WJC's a few years back. Some of you apparently cannot judge a player based on anything other than the stat sheet. Yakupov looks like he could be one hell of a player. He has offensive creativity and great hands. In fact, him and MPS have absolutely nothing in common.

I can't believe I actually read someone say Yakupov has no finish. You should try perhaps watching some games of his outside of these at the WJC where the Russians try to force a stupid stretch pass for a 1 on 2 every play. The guy will have the best shot on the Oilers as soon as he joins the team.

Krigaren*

Ah i personally think they are quite spoton with it. Only wrote it because i figured it be on topic. Hey did you guys know that yaku only did one interview sense the tournament started, might have pissed the swedish journalist off :D

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012

Imo, it's pretty evident the pressure and frustration is getting to him. He's just really passionate about the game. It kind of reminds me of Hall in his first season. He used to get frustrated a lot when the team was sucking and openly showed his emotion on the ice. Obviously, Hall, being a younger player, wouldn't lash out at his veteran teammates but I'm sure he wanted to sometimes. We need that kind of passion on the team and Yak has it.

RNH on the other hand, has terrible taste in music and should immediately be traded for Sequin. :sarcasm:

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
good..oilers need a player that can play top six minutes and isnt afraid to hold teamates accountable..
I bet Messier and Gretzky yelled at each other more tham once or twice..

I want Yakupov to be a complete ***** to his teamates if they dont play hard.

Its pretty true. We don't want a top 6 of players who are all best friends, go to the movies together, have sleepovers and never tell anyone when they make a mistakes because mistakes happen. We want players who will hold each other accountable and drive each other to be the best. People really overlook that part of Yakupov. He is extremely passionate and I think that makes him an even better teammate.

eS7

Dec 22, 2011
Saskatchewan
MPS lit up the WJC's a few years back. Some of you apparently cannot judge a player based on anything other than the stat sheet. Yakupov looks like he could be one hell of a player. He has offensive creativity and great hands. In fact, him and MPS have absolutely nothing in common.

I can't believe I actually read someone say Yakupov has no finish. You should try perhaps watching some games of his outside of these at the WJC where the Russians try to force a stupid stretch pass for a 1 on 2 every play. The guy will have the best shot on the Oilers as soon as he joins the team.

Yeah you can't really trust anyones opinion who bases a players potential off of his stats (which a lot of people do here). I've said it many times before but if you actually watch him play then you should be so excited for him to join the Oilers not want to trade him.

Gone

Fire KLowe
Aug 9, 2005
Earth
So is Omark

Wow. Guess you'll be eating some heaping helpings of crow over the next couple of years.

Won't argue any of that - the statue people wanted to erect for Stu I think was a bit premature. At least until some of those guys make the jump and succeed in the NHL.

I sure hope so, but I'm a realist.

Krigaren*

RNH on the other hand, has terrible taste in music and should immediately be traded for Sequin. :sarcasm:
While i agree with the fact that the wrong locker room music before a game can negativly effect a team. Im not sure that the oilers have the guts to move on this one thou before it is to late..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->