WJC Group B: Dec 28 GDT - Canada vs. Switzerland (7-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Goals so far...

Switzerland:

13. GRAUWILER, Lukas
(11. BARTSCHI, Patrik)
(2. BAUMGARTNER, Lukas)

Canada:

18. RICHARDS, Mike

Sounds like the Swiss team is playing Canada well so far.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Canada scores, this one will take the air out of Switzerland, because they were playing with some confidence. 2-1 Canada now.

Latest Canadian goal:

I believe Phaneuf scored it, they don't have it up on IIHF yet.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
29. COBURN, Braydon
(22. BURNS, Brent)

There's the box from the last goal.

I'm listening to the game on the net, btw, I can provide a link if anyone wants it.

Another penalty on the Swiss, on Lukas Baumgartner for holding. Power play for Canada, this could be bad for the Swiss.

Edit: Getzlaf puts it in right when the PP starts. 3-1 Canada, Switzerland is going to need to mount a comeback.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Here's the box score from the first period.

Swiss First Goal:

13. GRAUWILER, Lukas
(11. BARTSCHI, Patrik)

Canada ties it up:

18. RICHARDS, Mike (penalty shot)

Takes the 2-1 lead:

29. COBURN, Braydon
(22. BURNS, Brent)

Getzlaf makes it 3-1 on the power play:

15. GETZLAF, Ryan
(32. SEABROOK, Brent)
(5. GORGES, Josh)

3-1 after one period of play. Switzerland was playing well, but the penalty shot seemed to turn the tide for Canada.

L3DZ3P

Aug 18, 2003
Trois-Rivières,Qc
MrKnowNothing said:
Here's the box score from the first period.

Swiss First Goal:

13. GRAUWILER, Lukas
(11. BARTSCHI, Patrik)

Canada ties it up:

18. RICHARDS, Mike (penalty shot)

Takes the 2-1 lead:

29. COBURN, Braydon
(22. BURNS, Brent)

Getzlaf makes it 3-1 on the power play:

15. GETZLAF, Ryan
(32. SEABROOK, Brent)
(5. GORGES, Josh)

3-1 after one period of play. Switzerland was playing well, but the penalty shot seemed to turn the tide for Canada.
Are you watching the game?

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
L3DZ3P said:
Are you watching the game?

Nope, listening on fan590 (Toronto Radio). http://www.fan590.com/

Is anyone watching the game? The announcers just said Bartschi made a nice drop pass on the first goal, I was wondering if anyone saw it. I didn't have the computer on until after the goal, so I didn't even hear the Swiss goal. :dunno:

L3DZ3P

Aug 18, 2003
Trois-Rivières,Qc
MrKnowNothing said:
Nope, listening on fan590 (Toronto Radio). http://www.fan590.com/

Is anyone watching the game? The announcers just said Bartschi made a nice drop pass on the first goal, I was wondering if anyone saw it. I didn't have the computer on until after the goal, so I didn't even hear the Swiss goal. :dunno:
Yes i saw it,The swiss capitalized on the an error.The Canadian look shaky in their own zone,they play softly imo.But they dominate the swiss so far.

Les Zarbites

MrKnowNothing said:
Manzato throws his stick on the PK, penalty shot for Canada. Richards takes it and scores to tie it at 1. I don't know who scored the Swiss goal yet.

Canada still is on the PP I believe.

Edit: No they aren't. Back to five on five.

Just learned a rule : if you get a penalty shot on the PP and you score PP is over.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Yeah, it seems that Canada has dictated most of the play since the penalty shot goal. Must have just got off to a rough start, but it'll be interesting to see how the Swiss come out.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Habsolution said:
Just learned a rule : if you get a penalty shot on the PP and you score PP is over.

Yeah, same here. The announcers found out too, which is why I said the wrong thing in the first place! :joker:

Game back on!

Les Zarbites

L3DZ3P said:
Yes i saw it,The swiss capitalized on the an error.The Canadian look shaky in their own zone,they play softly imo.But they dominate the swiss so far.

well it was a failed wrap around move (by Canada in the swiss zone) that crossed the ice and ended up on the stick of Bartschi in the neutral zone. He then crossed our blue line and made a nice drop pass to ....

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Well, I'm going to by lying down away from the computer still listening, so I won't have the updates for a while.

If anyone watching could give me a small scouting report on how Bartschi is playing I'd really appreciate it. I have heard a few good things so far. If not, it's fine.

Getzlaf just puts it in for Canada as I am speaking. 4-1 Canada, I'm a believer now, Canada is really playing well.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Thanks. fan590 is going in and out on me now.

Sounds like Switzerland is playing them pretty close, but not getting any sustained pressure or chances. Canada has capitalized on their chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->