WJC Group B: Dec 28 GDT - Canada vs. Switzerland (7-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
WJC Group B: Dec 28 GDT - Canada vs. Switzerland

An interesting game. Canada defeated Finland 3-0 in their opening game and Switzerland outplayed Ukraine 11-0 yesterday.
I don't expect Switzerland to win this one, but it could be pretty close.

Prediction: 4-1 Canada

Last edited:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Let's Go Switzerland!!! :handclap:

It's blind optimism on my part, but I'll predict a 4-2 Swiss win. Bartschi with the hat trick, Ramholt with a goal. Stewart and Crosby for the Canadian team.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Interesting match-up. If Switzerland can get a transition game going and finish their chances this could be closer than one might think. I'll go 6-2 Canada, although the game won't be decided until the second half of the 3rd period where Canada's size and physicality will wear yet another small team into the ground..

Last edited:

chicpea*

Agreed: It'll be closer than the Canadians think. I say Canada, 3:1 but the Suisse will score first. Stewart with the winner. Go, go Canada!

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Canada 4-2. Crosby gets 2 assists and plenty of chances, but the Swiss play us hard. The Swiss always scare me at the Juniors. I'd hate to play them in a quarter final match. The other group should be weary of them.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
5-2 Canada but it will be a close one

Richards 1g & 1a
Phaneuf 2a
Paillé 2a

Bartschi 2g
Ramholt 2a

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Manzato throws his stick on the PK, penalty shot for Canada. Richards takes it and scores to tie it at 1. I don't know who scored the Swiss goal yet.

Canada still is on the PP I believe.

Edit: No they aren't. Back to five on five.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad