WJC Group B: Dec 26 GDT - Canada vs. Finland (3-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

16w

Jun 23, 2003
Canada routs Finland 6-1 proving yet again why we rule the hockey world

let the games begin!

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Canada will be in for a rude surprise as they come up against a hard nosed team that plays excellent defense.

Finland 3 Canada 0 (score would be 6-0 were it not for Fleury. Canada will not generate more than 20 shots on goal.)

BCCHL inactive

VOB said:
Canada will be in for a rude surprise as they come up against a hard nosed team that plays excellent defense.

Finland 3 Canada 0 (score would be 6-0 were it not for Fleury. Canada will not generate more than 20 shots on goal.)

On paper, a 3-0 or 6-0 score would be in Canada's favour. Now obviously "on paper" means nothing, but what makes you think Canada will not be ready for Finland, and will not be able to beat their defence? What are you basing your opinions on?

BCCHL inactive

DieHard said:
Or is it too hard to accept that someone dares to suggest that your favorite team is not good enough?

No...I would expect a little reasoning why he has the opinion that perhaps the most potent offence on paper at this tournament won't be able to handle Finland's defence, which isn't that spectacular on paper.

When you predict upsets like that, you should be able to say why.

dragonwyck

Van said:
When you predict upsets like that, you should be able to say why.

It has nothing to do with that and everything to do with the fact that you didn't like his prediction.

He did give his reason... Finland plays excellent defense.

-HIFK-

Van said:
No...I would expect a little reasoning why he has the opinion that perhaps the most potent offence on paper at this tournament won't be able to handle Finland's defence, which isn't that spectacular on paper.
It´s a good thing they play these games on ice instead of paper...

Would you like me to explain more precisely to you what I base my opinion upon? :)

BCCHL inactive

Richards, Dawes and Stewart are dominating this game in the Finnish zone. Their cycling behind the net is like nothing I've seen in a long time. It was only a matter of time before it resulted in a goal for them.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Generally a good period for both teams. More sustained pressure by the Canadians that is for sure.

Finns are much better using the long ball than the Canucks, Canada has pretty much zero transition offense but is great with sustaining pressure in the Finn zone when they have the puck.

Crosby has created a few chances, Paille has been banging but the Dawes-Stewart-Richards line has been the best on the ice.

One post hit by the Finns...

Tukkonen skates very well, hasn't had the puck much. Fillipula has been the best Finn from my standpoint.

BCCHL inactive

dragonwyck said:
It has nothing to do with that and everything to do with the fact that you didn't like his prediction.

He did give his reason... Finland plays excellent defense.

Considering this is the first game of the tournament, how does he know that?

If you guys had read the Canada vs. Austria thread, VOB was going on and on about how Canada is going to get killed by the Finns based on their 6-1 win over the Austrians compared to Finland's 13-0 win over the same team.

dragonwyck

Van said:
Considering this is the first game of the tournament, how does he know that?

If you didn't like his reasoning, then that's what you should have said. Instead, you accused him of not providing any reasoning when he obviously did.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Van said:
Richards, Dawes and Stewart are dominating this game in the Finnish zone. Their cycling behind the net is like nothing I've seen in a long time. It was only a matter of time before it resulted in a goal for them.
I completely agree. That line has been by far the top line for team Canada, only one period though. I was also very pleased with Jeff Tambellini, and Dion Phaneufs play, kinda funny when Phaneuf and Bergenheim got into a little scrum, McGuire said this, "I know Bergenheim is a tough kid, but if it came to a fight Phaeuf would cave his head in" LOL

On another note, I have been bery dissapointed in Brent Burns, hes got amazing talent that alone makes him look good, but hes constantly out of place.

Damn, Toivenen is cheap too :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad