WJC Group B: Dec 26 GDT - Canada vs. Finland (3-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
WJC Group B: Dec 26 GDT - Canada vs. Finland

I have been pleasantly surprised by the Finnish team in the exhibition games before the tournament. In front of their home crowd they could have quite the tournament IMO.

Prediction: 3-3

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
I expect this to be a close, low-scoring game with both goaltenders looking to make an early statement to the rest of the field.

Prediction: 2-2

25+ saves each for Fleury and Toivonen.

Scorers: Bergenheim, Burns, Filppula, Coburn

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
This might be a redundant question posted over and over here, so sorry in advance.

Is there a link to a radio broadcast of this or any game?

Duff88

May 7, 2002
In a tight game, Canada will win it

I'll do a big prediction :

2-0 for Canada
Paillé will get a goal and an assist, Richards will get the other goal
Crosby will hit a post but won't have any points
Finland will completely dominate the third period but Fleury will close the door.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
3-2 Canada

Tambellini gets a goal and an assist Crosby gets an assist, Phaneuf and Carter get the other goals.

Should be a very close game. Finland looked good in exhibition but that doesn't mean anything.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
When we finished 8th, Finland was the team that got the ball rolling in the wrong direction for us. I like our team but there is no more dangerous a start. There is no time to waste in a short tourney. We need to be good out of right out of the box.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Anyone know who the oddman out will be for Canada? That is, Dixon or Colliton.

I'm wondering if the Canadians have adjusted to the time difference yet.

SpezNc2

Mar 3, 2002
I predict a game like the USA-CAN Olympic final...

A pretty tie game, but in the end, The strongest team (Team Canada) will win...

The score may not indicate all the Finns efforts.....

But of course, in this tournament, even if the finns are the underdogs in this game, Canada may lose...

all team are strong enough.. So, it to us to give all we can... and not count the finns for beaten....

I expect a lot from our defense corps, as well as fleury..

I ecpect the Carter-Getzlaf-Burns to lead team Canada offensively. Crosby will look great, but he will NOT have the pressure to be the go-to guy.. So even if he is pointless, he still can be a dominant and important player.. On the PP, probably he will receive some ice time. But don't predict to see him all the time.. He will get 3 or 4 line duties. It's already great for such a Canadian kid.....

Against Finland, if he plays like we know he can, he will maybe a score a couple points. But even if don't, for I'm already satisfied with him.. It's so special to see what He did so far. He don't deserve to get such expectations... But in the end, he did nothing to stop these... He is always better and better...

I think that Tambellini speed and Stewart force are going to help us...

And talbot-brent and paille are going to be our leader in the dressing rooms.. Duh, you will say... But I think that they will succeed in that role.

Before the tournament is starting, I can dreaming of a dreaming "GOLD" team.

NO... Do I can?

GO CANADA GO

Final score: 4-2....

Goals CAN: Phaneuf (On the PP), Tambellini (From Crosby) (On the PP), Burns (EV goal), Getzlaf
Goals FIN: Tukonen, Korpikari

leafaholix*

Jacobv2 said:
Anyone know who the oddman out will be for Canada? That is, Dixon or Colliton.

I'm wondering if the Canadians have adjusted to the time difference yet.
I'd say Dixon.

Colliton's a great defensive forward... Dixon seems to be on the team for his offensive abilities.

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
It's so funny seeing you guys predict who will score on PP and who will get the assist. Why not put 13:26 of the second.... and predict that Fleury will stop 34 shots... :dunno:

3-1 Canada... Fleury does all those job, like last year.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
go pierre hedin said:
I'd say Dixon.

Colliton's a great defensive forward... Dixon seems to be on the team for his offensive abilities.
I thought Dixon was on the team actually because he's fairly good at BOTH sides of the rink :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad