WJC Group A: Dec 31 GDT - Russia vs. USA (1-4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil333

Dec 26, 2003
New York City
Peter25 said:
According to IIHF the penalized player was Sergei Gimayev.

Any relation to Irek Gimayev?
I saw what the IIHF site said too, but the US announcer said it was Ovechkin on the penalty. He could have been mistaken.

Lord

Peter25 said:
According to IIHF the penalized player was Sergei Gimayev.

Any relation to Irek Gimayev?
I'am not sure, seems Sergei is nephew to Irek.

USA goalie Montoya is doing pretty well. We have some chances somehow, but...everything I hear from broadcast is Ovechkin-Ovechkin...
0-4 :cry: :cry: :cry:
shorthanded for Zach Parise
The mistake of Barulin who failed to clear the puck well

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Can´t Russia score a single goal in this game?

Where the heck is Ovechkin? Last year he scored THREE goals against this team. Has he really regressed since then or what?

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Parise should be a lock for the all star team if he continues to play like this.

Russia´s defense is just porous. Last year there were Grebechkov, Koltsov, Kondratiev and Tyutin. This year there are no one. They all suck.

Phil333

Dec 26, 2003
New York City
Peter25 said:

Where the heck is Ovechkin? Last year he scored THREE goals against this team. Has he really regressed since then or what?
Announcer said that every time Ovechkin gets the puck, the USA is body checking him. He's seemed to have a couple chances but Montoya is very good.

And Parise is unbelievable, I might need to get a Blue USA Parise jersey :)

dragonwyck

Slangston_Hughes said:
Parise sounds like the best player in this tourny. What a steal for the Devils.

"You're welcome, Lou."
- The idiots in charge of the Blues in 1994 with a little assistance from Larry Pleau

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
At the same time Canada is destroying the Czechs.

Is there a stopping for the North American teams in this tournament?

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Peter25 said:

It probably has more to do with the fact that the US team is stronger this year than last year. On top of that, Jim Howard player very poorly in that game and was pulled halfway through after giving up four goals.

Dr_Chimera*

Sounds like the refs really decided to stick it to Russia in this game - there is no doubt Russia is undisciplined, but I doubt they're this bad. Just penalty after penalty and paying for it time after time.

Doesn't excuse the fact that the Russian specialty teams are brutal. The US is playing well - hopefully Russia can show some desperation from now on in the tourney.

Ok, now - here's for a solid third period for Russia - at least show some life.

btw, regarding Ovechkin - he's probably not producing because he's playing with a bunch of headless chickens, but he's due for an explosion, but I'd rather see him explode in a game where Russia can win!!!

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
cagney said:
It probably has more to do with the fact that the US team is stronger this year than last year. On top of that, Jim Howard player very poorly in that game and was pulled halfway through after giving up four goals.

All I know is Montoya has shown up so far in this tournament. He's been very solid. Add to that great special teams play and a solid defense, and the U.S.'s chances for a medal, even a gold look very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->