WJC Group A: Dec 30 GDT - USA vs. Sweden (4-3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Congrats USA and all American fans! :)

Does anyone know the shots in the third?

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
First we tie it, then we lose it in the 3rd period. This trend better not continue against the Slovakians.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Riddarn said:
First we tie it, then we lose it in the 3rd period. This trend better not continue against the Slovakians.

IMO Sweden has played very well thus far. Not much seperated them from Russia or the U.S. (although by the shot totals, the U.S. carried the play a bit more than Russia did).

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
I just read a short game recap with some comments from team manager Peter Forsberg. He said that the last 50 minutes of the game was the best a Swedish Junior Team has ever played.

I have a feeling he is exaggerating, but still.. obviously this Swedish team is not that far behind the top teams in the tournament.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Predatore said:
I just read a short game recap with some comments from team manager Peter Forsberg. He said that the last 50 minutes of the game was the best a Swedish Junior Team has ever played.

I have a feeling he is exaggerating, but still.. obviously this Swedish team is not that far behind the top teams in the tournament.

Of course he is exaggerating. Think of all the bad press the media has put on the the juniors the last few years. Remember what Bendelin said on TV before the tournament started, about playing with heart and so on. If they finish in 7th or 8th at least they can say that they play well. People in sweden can't tell anyway since noone can watch the games.

Dr_Chimera*

Did someone say you can listen to the USA games on the internet?

Is so, does anyone have a link to the site that provides this? Thanks.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Dr_Chimera said:
Did someone say you can listen to the USA games on the internet?

Is so, does anyone have a link to the site that provides this? Thanks.

It's right on the front page at www.usahockey.com

The game against Russia will be on tomorrow.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Great game.

Frankly, I think it's good Sweden played so well and that the USA had to pull out a close game, something they haven't done in past WJCs.

Russia v. USA should be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->