WJC Group A: Dec 28 GDT - USA vs. Slovakia (5-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I believe the US goals are by Booth, Parise, Murray, Kesler, and Werner in that order.

Kesler got bloodied up by a high stick.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
It's over. 5-0 final. Montoya made 18 saves for the shutout. Parise named the player of the game for the U.S. Two more points today, giving him six so far in the tourney.

Phil333

Dec 26, 2003
New York City
Sounds like an awesome hit. Did you hear the announcer say how it might be interesting at dinner cause they are at the same hotel. LOL

Game is over.

Montoya - 18 saves. Parise gets player of the game.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
U.S. MUCH more disciplined in this game. Gave up only three power plays. I hope this trend continues.

Last edited:

Belgian Fan

Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
Two straight SO's!
Even though he's not been playing against any powerhouses, this will certainly help Montoya's confidence, and that can never be a bad thing...

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
This was a big win for the US. Slovakia is a good club. I think the team has proven that they are the real deal. At the very least they should come away with a medal from the tournament.

Would it be the first since '97?

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Belgian Fan said:
Two straight SO's!
Even though he's not been playing against any powerhouses, this will certainly help Montoya's confidence, and that can never be a bad thing...

Exactly what I was thinking. I wonder who is going to draft this kid and how high.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
NJ_Devil_Boy said:
It's looking better and better every day.

Parise :bow:

The guy who traded up to get him (Lou). :bow:

I put it on record on draft day that the Oilers would regret that decision. I have no doubt that Parise will be >>>>>>Pouliot. :rant:

Oh well.

L3DZ3P

Aug 18, 2003
Trois-Rivières,Qc
slats432 said:
I put it on record on draft day that the Oilers would regret that decision. I have no doubt that Parise will be >>>>>>Pouliot. :rant:

Oh well.
Dont think so, Pouliot is a heck of player with great a vision and a great hockey sense as well.He just didnt had the chance to prove it( damn injury).

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
slats432 said:

Oh well.

At the 2002 draft we traded up to with the Oilers to grab Chris Higgins , ans i'm pettry confident he'll be better than Jesse Niinimaki .

2 decision the Oil's will regret .

That's said i wonder if they would had picked these guy with the pick .

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
L3DZ3P said:
Dont think so, Pouliot is a heck of player with great a vision and a great hockey sense as well.He just didnt had the chance to prove it( damn injury).

The way I see it is different though. The Oilers traded down to 22 from 17 because they were convinced that no one wanted "their" guy. Sure they picked up the extra pick, but Parise was the guy...he kept sliding and sliding...(And forget Maguire, he was the guy that I wanted to see the Oilers pick before the draft.)

As an Oiler fan, I would love to see Pouliot turn out...and having seen him play and seeing Parise play, I am still pretty confident that NJ has the better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad