3dflagsdotcom_switz_2fawm.gif
vs.
3dflagsdotcom_norwa_2fawm.gif

Game start: 7PM PST | 10PM ET | 04.00 CET
Group: A

Online coverage (rosters, stats etc.)

Flags from 3dflags.com

Jazz

I spoke with Swiss head coach Jacob Kolliker during the NOR-USA game. He mentioned that he is afraid that this Swiss team is a lot weaker that previous teams (remember that this the Swiss team's 11 straight year in the elite-tournament), and is hopeful that they can get by Norway on Tuesday. With 2 teams (as usual) relegating, he expects it to be an interesting finish at the bottom.

rangers

Mar 10, 2003
Stavanger, Norway
Visit site
Norway should bounce back tonight and play a much better game than they did last night. Need to get some offence going and try to keep turnovers to a minimum. I believe in our boys!

Norway win 3-2

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
So what is the deal? Whoever loses this game basically gets relegated back down, ritght?

Jazz

ryz said:
So what is the deal? Whoever loses this game basically gets relegated back down, ritght?
No, the bottom 2 of each group gets thrown into a relegation round, where they play each other once (carrying the points over vs the other team coming along). The bottom 2 from this 4 will get relegated to Div I for next year (to be replaced by Germany and Belarus - who won their Div I groups 10 days ago).

Tritsche

Apr 12, 2005
Lenzburg
0:0 after first period. 10 minutes misconduct against Swiss player Julien Sprunger(2004 pick of Minnesota).

Last edited:

Tritsche

Apr 12, 2005
Lenzburg
Tritsche said:
0:0 after first period. 10 minutes misconduct against Swiss player Julien Sprunger(2004 pick of Minnesota).

After 2 periods the Swiss team leads 1:0. Goalscorer is Joggi.

Tritsche

Apr 12, 2005
Lenzburg
SwisshockeyAcademy said:
They need to hold on. A loss here would be devastating. I fear for them against Canada tomorrow. Will it be Berra or Genoni tomorrow?

I don't know, but I think it will be Genoni. So they will have a rotation by the starting goalies.

30 shots only one goal, that is not really a good mark for our forwards. :shakehead

Mike Krushelnyski

Mar 9, 2004
Just got back from the game...

Final score: Swiss 2 - Norway 0

I have to say that I was somewhat impressed by the Swiss tonight... they took the body and laid down a couple of big hits... though to be fair according to the official program, Team Norway's average height is something like 5'11. Their second goal was a thing of beauty.

Norway on the other hand... man... they mailed this one in... either that or they really are *that* bad. I was more impressed with them last night in thier drubbing by the US. They executed - and I use this word lightly - the absolutely worst 5-on-3 that I have ever seen in my life... no exaggeration... no hyperbole... not a single shot on goal due to missed passes, misplayed pucks, and poor decision making.

I will say though that I was really impressed by #19, Mathias Trygg, of Norway... not so much in tonight's effort... but overall. Kid has hustle and some decent moves. I hope someone rolls the dice on him with a 7th rounder in the draft... even if he is listed as only 5'9.

Not a pretty game to say the least...

Hockeycanada*

Mike Krushelnyski said:
Norway on the other hand... man... they mailed this one in... either that or they really are *that* bad....
There is a reason Norway hasn't been in the top group in 15 years.

Greg7

Feb 5, 2004
Sprunger got the automatic 10 minute misconduct that goes with a checking from behind penalty. It was no big deal.

langdak

Dec 13, 2005
Langley, BC
Jazz said:
No, but these teams need to be able to play games against the elite in order to learn some more...

Anyways, I was at the game as well, and I have posted my thoughts, along with some pictures from the Sui-Nor game here.

Excellent pics, i have a bunch from tonites game as well from a much different angle then yours, i sit right on the faceoff dot in row 12 so mine are much lower then yours

I love the angle of your shots

I thought the game was rather entertaining tonite, as mentioned above the Norway 5on3 was absolutely brutal, i dont think i have seen a worse power play in my life

Reuben Smith stood on his head tonite on more then a few occasions, also too, #19 Trygg, excellent player

I think if you put Trygg on a team with more talent, the kid could light things up a bit

I was very impressed with the size and physical play of the Swiss, gotta love the houseold Swiss names though Blum, Diaz, Weber, Rivera, Walker...........VERY household Swiss names :sarcasm:

Kinda like Smith being a household Norwegian name :D

I feel bad for the Norway kids, they have all the heart in the world and the fundimentals are great, the skill level is just not there to compete at this level

Also, i think the Swiss may give Finland a run for their money, but we will see later on in the week

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Norway is probably the best country in the world when it comes to winter sports. I've always wondered why they have never been more competitive at hockey? Especially considering that they are a Scandinavian nation. :dunno:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Rob said:
Norway is probably the best country in the world when it comes to winter sports. I've always wondered why they have never been more competitive at hockey? Especially considering that they are a Scandinavian nation. :dunno:

Because they're one of the best at everything else.

This was probably their shot at winning a game. The Swiss are certainly better than to have only scored twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->