WJC Gold Medal GDT: Canada vs. Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
19bruins19 said:
Ask Gee Wally(there is a post in the Bruins forum about it, where he has a source) , he said that it's an unwritten rule that you should not go into the other teams zone during the pregame ritual. It shows a little bit of disrespect.

and how is Ovechkin supposed to know unwritten rules of North America??

leaflover

Stanley Cup 2022
Mar 3, 2002
beautiful B.C
Visit site
MOGiLNY said:
If Russia wins, they'll never be given any credit.. people will always look for something bad to say about them.. these guys got absolutely no credit for coming back fom being down 0:2 and 1:3 in 2002 and winning gold.. then they got absolutely no credit when they beat Canada on home ice and were down 1:2 in the 3rd in 2003...

but no, these guys don't have any heart and determination and it's all luck..
Dont feel bad,people say the same things regardless of which team wins in any sport.Its called envy. ;)

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
Historically the Russian's goalies ALWAYS been underrated & always performed in the final game. Khudobin is not a high rated prospect but like his predecessors, I believe he'll do well in the FINAL.

Jeff Glass got all the pressure to perform & I highly doubt that he will perform well.

Canadians always had lack of discipline against my Russians & it should cost them the victory.

Russia 6 (Ovechkin 2, Malkin, Rykov, Shirokov, Lisin)
Canada 5 (Carter 2, Dawes, Bergeron, Stewart)

GOLD !!!!!

Last edited:

Foster

Oct 15, 2003
Fredericton
4-2 Canada. Empty net goal at the end
With all the taunting going one, someone will pull the ol' fist pump as the skate down on the brekaway to score the empty net. Remember Halifax?

David

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
MOGiLNY said:
ok he does know, but you can't blame him for doing that before then

Ovechkin and some of his team mates have been disgraced to their country and to the game of hockey. You may argue that it's a culture thing but you think someone classy like Igor Larionov or Slava Fetisov would act like these punks? It's the empty cart that makes the most noise. Think about that for a second.

As for Team Canada, they should concentrate on winning the gold and not get goaded into anything stupid because I wouldn't put it past some of these Russian clowns to start something to keep Canada from winning against them.

I don't think that any Canadian wants to see someone like Harold Ballard handing out his own gold medals that he had made for the returning Canadian kids because of another brawl broke out like in '87 and the team was left them without medals.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
David said:
but you think someone classy like Igor Larionov or Slava Fetisov would act like these punks?

They were highly influenced by the North American culture. The whole fighting, cheap shot and showing off thing comes from the NHL and Canada!

Just remember the first big incident in hockey history : Harry Sinden asks Clarke to break Kharlamov's leg.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
wilka91 said:
They were highly influenced by the North American culture. The whole fighting, cheap shot and showing off thing comes from the NHL and Canada!

Just remember the first big incident in hockey history : Harry Sinden asks Clarke to break Kharlamov's leg.

That was hardly the first big incident in hockey history.

To my knowledge, neither has ever acknowledged that Sinden directly asked Clarke to break Kharlamov's leg.

The quotiation goes something along the lines, "(Harry) Sinden was saying that somebody had to do something about Kharlamov and I looked up and I realized he was talking about me." - Clarke.

Anyhow, cheap shotting is a part of every style of hockey, admit it or not. Whether its constant stickwork, big hacks, diving, whatever, it's all there in all games.

The True Blue Crew

Jun 11, 2004
steps to the ACC
Clarke's a beauty, pure royalty, for Chrissake!

come on, ppl, hope this is well within PC, but try to understand the motto
"Arguing on the internet is like running
in the Special Olympics... Even if you win, you're still Pejorative Slured..."

wilka91 said:

cstu

May 6, 2004
wilka91 said:

Wow.........just wow.

Reilly311

NYR2 said:
Does anyone know where I'd be able to listen to the game online?

did you even bother reading the first post in this thread?

Reilly311

David said:
You may argue that it's a culture thing but you think someone classy like Igor Larionov or Slava Fetisov would act like these punks?

Dont reiterate things you've watched on TSN.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
MOGiLNY said:
ok he does know, but you can't blame him for doing that before then

You need to chill dude. It's just a freakin game..stop taking it so seriously :(

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I see Canada by 3 so let's say 5-2 Canada. I think Canada is more prepared to win this game 7-5 than Russia is so if Glass had a difficult first period, I still think we'll win this one. Depth for Canada is superior, can't wait for Phaneuf to say hello to some of the russians especially Shirokov, Radulov and Ovechkin.

Go Canada! :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad