WJC Gold Medal GDT: Canada vs. Russia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
If we stay disciplined and Khudobin makes a few key save we might win this game, but I think Canada must be the favorite here.

Not making any predictions, just crossing my fingers.

ROSSIYA!! ROSSIYA!! ROSSIYA!!

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
cyclops said:
Did anyone hear Mackenzie talking about Canada moving Belle up with Coburn and Dropping Seabrook to the third defense pairing for this game due to some match-up issues they are considering and the fact that Seabrook is still a little gimpy with injury? Interesting development for sure.

I heard this and like the idea. Belle has been really solid this tourney and is built like a horse. Seabrook is probably better but with the injury, I'd rather the strong Belle against Malkin.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
I just want to see a great game. I will cheer for my team and not put down the other guys.

I hope Malkin and AO dazzle and Bergeron and Crosby are great too.

And when the last 5 minutes comes, I hope the game isn't decided yet.

Good luck to both teams.

:yo:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
What's the tie-breaking format in international play? 5 minutes of OT then a shoot-out?

senskickass12

Jun 19, 2004
I'm not going to make any predictions but I'd like to see Carter score 2 tonight and pass Lindros for most goals by Canada in World Jr. career and it would also be nice to see Dixon score his 1st.

espo*

Andrew_11 said:
I heard this and like the idea. Belle has been really solid this tourney and is built like a horse. Seabrook is probably better but with the injury, I'd rather the strong Belle against Malkin.
Me too,plus he's such a strong skater i think he can use that to good advantage to neutralize Malkin and others.You are right....Belle has played well at this event....he's been more than solid and Sutter had been increasing his ice time steadily.....looks like he is trusting him more and more.Seabrook is not 100%.

Legolas

Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
I'll say 4-1 Canada...but Russia scares me a lot...I'm glad that Russia has gotten better all tournament and I'm looking forward to a really good game no matter what...it'll be good to see highly skilled players with quality scoring chances and hopefully not dirty plays...no matter what, I'm hoping for a healthy game for everyone and an entertaining game!

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
I'm gonna call 5-2 Canada, same as in the other thread. Canada hasn't had to face an offence like Russia yet, but on the other hand Russia hasn't seen a defence like Canada's yet either. I think that if Phaneuf can more or less neutralize Ovechkin the other D pairing will be able handle Malkin and his 185lb frame no problem. I'm expecting to be on the edge of my seat all game but to never really be scared.

^^^^^

Are they taunting Ovechkin?? Kinda like Ovechkin taunted the entire USA team the other night? He has to learn somewhere that he can't do that stuff. If it's not here, someone will teach him a MUCH harder lesson in the NHL when he tries it there.

We're just trying to help your boy!!

Mr. Penguin

Aug 30, 2004
Finland
I hope and believe this will be a great game. I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night to watch the game (3 AM here).

It really doesn't matter which team wins. It would be nice if Canada finally won, but on the other hand they've dominated the hockey world in those other international tournaments so... :speechles

I predict a surprise: Russia wins 5-3.

Legolas

Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Foppa_Rules said:
GO RUSSIA!!! The Canadian team is arrogant and they are taunting Ovechkin and team Russia through the media and complaining to the IIHF. GO RUSSIA!!! GO OVECHKIN!!!

Does this even need to be acknowledged? All I'm going to say is I've seen no evidence of this whatsoever...on a related note, it looks like "taunt" is the new buzzword in this board.

Vic Rattlehead*

Legolas said:
Does this even need to be acknowledged? All I'm going to say is I've seen no evidence of this whatsoever...on a related note, it looks like "taunt" is the new buzzword in this board.

Canada did go to the IIHF because OVechkin before the game I believe pretends to score goals with an invisible puck on the other teams goalie, trying to taunt them. Canada told the IIHF to be on the lookout for it, and Ovechkin can be given a penelty for it.

espo*

Foppa_Rules said:
GO RUSSIA!!! The Canadian team is arrogant and they are taunting Ovechkin and team Russia through the media and complaining to the IIHF. GO RUSSIA!!! GO OVECHKIN!!!
Everything i've read so far from the Canadian team in interviews has been nothing but praise for the Russian team and it's high skill level.That's our boys for you......class all the way.

Legolas

Apr 11, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Mr. Penguin said:
I hope and believe this will be a great game. I'm going to wake up in the middle of the night to watch the game (3 AM here).

It really doesn't matter which team wins. It would be nice if Canada finally won, but on the other hand they've dominated the hockey world in those other international tournaments so... :speechles

I predict a surprise: Russia wins 5-3.

If Russia does win, I think more credit needs to be given to the fact that they will have won 3 of the last 4 junior tournaments (I think...something like that)...you barely ever hear anything about that...

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Ovechkin shoots on the goalie as a pregame ritual, not to taunt the other team.. but I guess people will do anything to try and make him look bad.. especially when they can't say anything about him as a player..

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Legolas said:
If Russia does win, I think more credit needs to be given to the fact that they will have won 3 of the last 4 junior tournaments (I think...something like that)...you barely ever hear anything about that...

If Russia wins, they'll never be given any credit.. people will always look for something bad to say about them.. these guys got absolutely no credit for coming back fom being down 0:2 and 1:3 in 2002 and winning gold.. then they got absolutely no credit when they beat Canada on home ice and were down 1:2 in the 3rd in 2003...

but no, these guys don't have any heart and determination and it's all luck..

Vic Rattlehead*

MOGiLNY said:
Ovechkin shoots on the goalie as a pregame ritual, not to taunt the other team.. but I guess people will do anything to try and make him look bad.. especially when they can't say anything about him as a player..

Ask Gee Wally(there is a post in the Bruins forum about it, where he has a source) , he said that it's an unwritten rule that you should not go into the other teams zone during the pregame ritual. It shows a little bit of disrespect.

Vic Rattlehead*

MOGiLNY said:
If Russia wins, they'll never be given any credit.. people will always look for something bad to say about them.. these guys got absolutely no credit for coming back fom being down 0:2 and 1:3 in 2002 and winning gold.. then they got absolutely no credit when they beat Canada on home ice and were down 1:2 in the 3rd in 2003...

but no, these guys don't have any heart and determination and it's all luck..

:speechles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad