U18: WJC GDT Day 6

king89

Dec 4, 2018
5-0! Didn't see the first period, has Finland been good or Schweiz really bad?

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
5-0! Didn't see the first period, has Finland been good or Schweiz really bad?

30-11 in shots so far. That gives me the impression that the Swiss team has been overwhelmed.

ETA: Caufield scores to make it 2-0 in the second period in the USA vs Latvia game.

Last edited:

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
The kneeing call was so bullshit. The guy went for the open ice hit, didn’t move his leg an inch. The swiss dude jumps right in to his leg, and gets hurt. Completely his own fault. Never a match penalty, probs not even a penalty in pro leagues

Reactions: Svedu

king89

Dec 4, 2018
The kneeing call was so bull****. The guy went for the open ice hit, didn’t move his leg an inch. The swiss dude jumps right in to his leg, and gets hurt. Completely his own fault. Never a match penalty, probs not even a penalty in pro leagues
Yeah it was a really bad call

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
This is exactly why the States don't want Finland in that quarter final game. Last year the Czechs only beat France and barely made quarters. They, somehow, knocked out Canada in quarters. That quarter will be insane.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Saarela, Kokkonen and Pärssinen are disappointments in this game. Especially Saarela and Pärssinen. I don´t believe in this coaching staff and defense against the Americans. Puistola has some beautiful moves, cheeky boy.

king89

Dec 4, 2018
Why a right shooter on the right side...the whole powerplay is ruin by that.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Saarela, Kokkonen and Pärssinen are disappointments in this game. Especially Saarela and Pärssinen. I don´t believe in this coaching staff and defense against the Americans. Puistola has some beautiful moves, cheeky boy.

Except... we beat USA 1-0 before these u18 WJC, we defended really well.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Good to see they finally came to play when it was needed. Totally unnecessary to win any more games than one in the preliminary round. Russia/Sweden will play against Belarus. No need to win too many games. :sarcasm:

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
The same defensive problems we've seen in previous games are still present. At least we won't have to endure relegation games, but I doubt the defense holds up against USA unless they step up big time.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Except... we beat USA 1-0 before these u18 WJC, we defended really well.

Aaltonen, Lundell, Puistola & Simontaival are classy players. I hope we can upset the USA but this Swiss team is not giving Finland any resistance. You should not fool yourself after this win. Hughes & company is another story.
The defense will need to play tight. Kokkonen needs to step up his game. Saarela is a shadow right now. Pärssinen is not accurate with the puck. He will be punished in the quarters if he can´t handle the puck better down the middle. This was easy to scout in the first period.
Taponen lets dangerous rebounds too often. Reminds me of Aittokallio in the WJC-20 couple of years ago. Those are big question marks.
Simontaival should play with Aaltonen in the second line, or otherwise get more PP-time.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
What are your opinions regarding Hirvonen vs Intonen and Pärssinen? Could Miettinen and Hirvonens chemistry give additional strength against the Americans? I´m not convinced of Pärssinen as second and if Intonen should be considered before Hirvonen. Aatu and Lundell are playing good.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad