WJC: Dec 30 GDT - Finland vs. Switzerland

Fawkes

Jan 16, 2006
If i remember correctly, it was against Norway and Lindgren get 1+4=5 points.
Yes that´s right, it was against Norway. But I think he scored against Switzerland also, not sure about that one though.

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
We are now quite one-dimensional team. It´s all about 1st line and goalie. Will it be enough for the bronze medal?

Well that is essentially what was expected from this team.

It's pretty much common knowledge that this years team isn't all that deep.

A medal would be a serious over-achievement imho and in order to get one Tuukka Rask needs to stand on his head like he did last year.

This team has 5th place written all over it to me.

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005
If the Finns want to win against Russia, they have to stay out of the penalty box. Russia is not so inefficient like Switzerland in powerplay!

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Finnish powerplay>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Swiss powerplay

Tv commentator said it best, Komarov should taken out of the 2nd PP unit, he recommended Sandell-Enlund-Joensuu as a line.

Kaktus*

Finland always ice good teams and play very well against the Russians.
A lot of times Russians win but it is not easy to beat Fins.

I rather play always overrated USA then Finland...

Last edited by a moderator:

FinnswissX

May 20, 2005
Finland always ice good teams and play very well against the Russians.
A lot of times Russians win but it is not easy to beat Fins.

I rather play always overrated USA then Finland...

Yes, but against Russia they can't afford to take 32 minutes penalties, because they loose to much energy and russia will exploit the penalties much better than Switzerland.

I don't say it's easy for Russia, but the Finns only have a chance if they play more disciplinated!

Tiina

Nov 8, 2004
Damn. That looked awful. That stinks. Big time. Lets hope its not anything overly serious. Unfortunately breaking a neck sounds pretty serious to mee.

Maurer röntgades på Mora sjukhus men han har inga frakturer på nacke eller ryggrad. Han har också känsel i båda armar och ben.

Maurer was X-rayed at the hospital.

No broken bones in neck or spine and can feel both arms and legs.

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Hmm, I read on hockeyfans.ch that he broke the 2nd cervical vertebra. I hope the swedish link is right. If not best wishes for a full recovery for him.

Fawkes

Jan 16, 2006
Maurer röntgades på Mora sjukhus men han har inga frakturer på nacke eller ryggrad. Han har också känsel i båda armar och ben.

Maurer was X-rayed at the hospital.

No broken bones in neck or spine and can feel both arms and legs.
According to Helsingin Sanomat he "only" had a concussion. So no broken neck. Dont know were the Swedes got that idea, but the important thing is that nothing serious happened.

Phenomenon

Jun 10, 2006
Is it just me or does Mikko Lehtonen look like he could develop into something really special?

He could, if he goes asap to an organisation that gives him enough ice-time and responsibility in special teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->