WJC: Dec 29 GDT - Belarus vs. Russia

Kaktus*

Finland is a good team. Russians have problems with them. A lot go to OT.

Devs4L

Mar 8, 2006
if anyone could post video of the goals of this game, like someone did for a previous game, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
if anyone could post video of the goals of this game, like someone did for a previous game, it'd be greatly appreciated.

Sure, kudos to "xxbdxx" from www.russian-hockey.ru/forum/ once again:

http://2007.russian-hockey.ru/v/valentenko.avi [1:0] - Valentenko
http://2007.russian-hockey.ru/v/buravchikov.avi [2:0] - 1st by Buravchikov today
http://2007.russian-hockey.ru/v/vasyonov.avi [3:0] - Vasyunov. Amazing play, Imo.
http://2007.russian-hockey.ru/v/musatov.avi [4:0] - Musatov :bow:
http://2007.russian-hockey.ru/v/shurko.avi [4:1]
http://2007.russian-hockey.ru/v/ryasensky.avi [5:1] - Ryasensky
http://2007.russian-hockey.ru/v/buravchikov2.avi [6:1] - 2nd by Buravchikov today

RedAce

Mar 9, 2005
New York, NY
Can anyone help i can't watch these because i need the right codec. well how do i get this codec??

PLEASE i wanna see these.

Slay are you out there can you post any of these vids??

woot_woot

Dec 26, 2006
Can anyone help i can't watch these because i need the right codec. well how do i get this codec??

PLEASE i wanna see these.

Slay are you out there can you post any of these vids??

download crystal player and you're set.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Slitty, what are your opinions about this game? :)
Also, i would like you to report on Voinov's game

If you don't mind, I will use this thread to report my overall impressions on both the games. Bear with me as I am falling asleep though.

-Russia was strong physically against the Swiss, and while we didn't get dominated or let it affect our game, we were outmatched against Belarus.
-We are at our best when in a quick transition from defense to offense as we have a tendancy to get confused if the puck is in the neutral zone for an extended period of time.
-We are excellent in terms of keeping possession along the boards, but we should look to spend less time in such a situation.
-Our powerplay needs some work despite having a reasonable success percentage.

-Many would assume Cherepanov is dominating, and while he certainly has been very good, I think such as not yet the case the case. He is very smart and has excellent hands, thanks to which he is able to all sorts make nifty plays with the puck. This, in turn, leads to points. However, Cherepanov needs his teammates to succeed and is not displaying an overwhelming amount of individual skill a la Malkin last year. Thus I think a soild and physical defence (ie Canada) would easily neutralize him by breaking the link between him and his teammates. But all things considered, one certainly can't complain.
-Bumagin continues to be very shifty with the puck and is displaying his nose for the goal... yet also continues to have ridiculously long stretches of invisibility. On the whole, he doesn't quite deserve his production totals and has his linemates to thank for those 5 points.
-Krysanov has woken up a little bit since the first game and is displaying a fair amount of skill. On the whole, he has been a solid player for Russia - I just wish he was a little more dedicated to defense when playing at even strength (no complaints when he kills penalties). His finnishing has also been far from impressive and I think he is capable of better.
-Churilov has quieted down since the first game, yet he is making the most amazing passes out of anyone on the team, I love his vision. While he has looked less dangerous; the defensive effort is still there along with the subtle consistant shows of skill in the offensive zone. Hopefully the production will come in the medal round as he remains one of Russia's better players.
-Zubov has been solid in all facets, no complaints.
-It may be the ankle injury, but I am disappointed with Kiryukhin as I am with the entirety of the 2nd line. He has been rather ineffective, slow, and invisible. I do like his tendancy to walk out to the slot from the boards for a shot though.
-Anisimov continues to be solid in all facets, no complaints.
-Vasyunov continues to be useless.
-Makarov is having an amazing tournament, I dont think I've seen him look troubled on an offensive rush no matter if its 3 or 4 opponents checking him. He has been absolutely ignoring defenders with either his amazing skill or plentiful speed while drawing an obscene amount of penalties. Combine that with the solid defensive effort he has displayed, and you have Russia's best player.
-Kucheryavenko is good for killing penalties and not much else.
-Glovatsky has been a nice little sparkplug. Largely thanks to him, the 4th line has been able to keep the puck in the opponents zone longer and more convincingly than any other line. I love how he spends a good deal of a penalty kill twisting and turning with the puck in the offensive zone.
-Musatov is a good mix of skill and size and knows how to use it. He could use some powerskating lessons, but has otherwise been solid.
-Buravchikov has met the high expectations on him: has been impossible to get past and has pinched effectively.
-Ryasensky seems to be one of Russia's best defenceman one game and only on the ice to make mistakes the next. The word "inconsistent" springs to mind when trying to describe his play.
-Anikeenko has been solid defensively, not much offense as expected.
-Loginov has been solid and has shown some unexpected displays of skill.
-Zubarev has been a force, that impersonation of Kaspar with the impressive aerial hip-check is just icing on top of awsome defensive play.
-Valentenko has been solid and surprisingly decent on the powerplay.
-Alexandrov has made more than his share of mistakes and is not impressing me.
-Voinov is young - end of story. He has looked much better since the last game, but he is still making positioning errors and then relying on his natural ability to save the situation and even make a good offensively play thereafter. He has not been a disappointment, but he needs more seasoning before he is given anything more than a 4th line role.
-Varlamov has been Varlamov. :)
-I liked how Bespalov stood on the bench through the Switzerland game even after everyone else sat down, it shows dedication to the team.

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
-Makarov is having an amazing tournament, I dont think I've seen him look troubled on an offensive rush no matter if its 3 or 4 opponents checking him. He has been absolutely ignoring defenders with either his amazing skill or plentiful speed while drawing an obscene amount of penalties. Combine that with the solid defensive effort he has displayed, and you have Russia's best player.

Very good to hear. It seems all of Chicago's main prospects are doing well in this tournament.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Why would you even compare Cherepanov to Malkin of last year?! Cherepanov is only 17, Malkin was 19.

Cherepanov needs just 1 more point to match Ovechkin's totals at the WJC when he played as a 17 year old. Give this guy time and he could be much much better in the next two WJCs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->