WJC: Dec 28 GDT - Slovakia 3 Sweden 6

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Obvious holding by the Slovakian player on Berglund. No call. Quite impossible to go backwards when you are skating forward, still the ref missed it.

What is it with that right corner in the Slovakian zone? I've seen tons of players fall on the ice towards the board there.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Damn, knee injury on a Slovakian player.

Loooool! The ref makes a fool out of himself again. The Slovakian player dives and the ref buys it, in a situation that hadn't happened if he had blown the whistle when the Slovakian player seriously injured himself, like he should have.

I'm not that angry on the Swedish team. This could have been 3-0, or 5-0 instead of 3-3.

It's a clichée to blame the refs, but they can't handle themselves at this level.

reaper

May 1, 2005
Why is Bäckström so totally invisible? I realize his line isn't clicking but you still expect more from a generational talent. He looks tired and unmotivated, maybe all the ice time in Elitserien has taken it's toll on him.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Somebody, pleeeaaase shoot the puch hard at the referee :cry:

...even strength this game should be a five goal lead atleast by now :dunno:

Have a bad feeling about this, somehow the ref will manage to give this one away.

CH Wizard

Mikus 2 goals in 2 games :)

How has he looked for those watching the game?

SChan*

Why is Bäckström so totally invisible? I realize his line isn't clicking but you still expect more from a generational talent. He looks tired and unmotivated, maybe all the ice time in Elitserien has taken it's toll on him.

well his linemates does him no favors. Bergfors cant finish for his life and Lindqvist, worst player I ever seen on a 1st line.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
The Slovaks let the Swedes play on the outside and wait for their chances. They are looking dangerous on the counterattack, as was expected.

It seems like Bendelins have concentrated a little bit too much on what his team should do without the puck, because whenever they gain possession, they look completely lost.

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
Even though it's stupid to change the one line that actually works, I would consider swapping bäckström and omark.

The Viking Fury

Nov 28, 2005
What is the deal with Backstrom? Does he have any points yet this tourney? Is it a problem of Chemistry with linemates? Is he setting them up perfectly but they can't finish or is he more the problem?

Sorry, I'm not trying to stir the pot lol I'm a caps fan and I can't get the game on TV here.

SChan*

What is the deal with Backstrom? Does he have any points yet this tourney? Is it a problem of Chemistry with linemates? Is he setting them up perfectly but they can't finish or is he more the problem?

Sorry, I'm not trying to stir the pot lol I'm a caps fan and I can't get the game on TV here.

uh he is not as worthless as other swedes make him to be. He rarley lose puck and he often finds someone to play. However Bergfors and Lindqvist have no chemistry with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad