WJC: Dec 27 GDT - Canada 6 USA 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Skille (sp?) Has really been one of the better or maybe even the best forward for US today, he's really been hustling all the time. Great player already.

Skyblaze

Aug 17, 2006
Montreal
Canada really dominates along the boards. That's the story so far for me.
Also, Zatkoff is looking shaky today, and he wasn't much better against Germany (especially that overtime goal). USA should look into getting Frazee on the ice; he can't be any worse.

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
all the US shots coming from the outside

yah, Canada did a good job with that yesterday against Sweden to make sure not many good shoots went through. Canada's D is playing the US perfectly, Can they hold up? still 2 periods left.

1st period over.

Great period. Canada is skating hard, the D is playing great and the Offense is shinning. Much better Effort than against Sweden.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Anyone know how many shots the US had in that period?

Didn't seem like too many. Then again, it didn't seem like Canada had many shots either.

Zimmer12

Dec 15, 2005
Leduc, Alberta
Haven't heard too much from Chorney. Heard his name at the end there, but other than that, thats about it. Jack Johnson, everyone lets you know he has the puck.:biglaugh:

Oilslick941611

slapshot into the empty net...utterly irrelevant
Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Canada really dominates along the boards. That's the story so far for me.
Also, Zatkoff is looking shaky today, and he wasn't much better against Germany (especially that overtime goal). USA should look into getting Frazee on the ice; he can't be any worse.

Zatkoff's postioning is really bad. he is always like this? or is he just shaky?

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Tom Pyatt is a MONSTER! I´d take a team full of Tom Payatt´s. I thought the Americans were supposed to be fast. Canada is skating them into the ground.

LeafDangler

Apr 25, 2006
Anone else reminded of Martin Gerber (pre-suckiness of course) when they watch Carey Price? Big positional goalie. Great on angles and rebound control.

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
Canada is playing well defensively the US had no real scoring chances that period. The US goaltending looks shaky. He should have stopped the first goal and probably the second although I couldn't tell if the second was deflected.

windflare

May 31, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Bourdon really is becoming a great all-around D-man - he reacts and responds to the deficiencies and strengths of his partner so well. With Letang, he has adopted more of a stay-at-home style, to cover for the brainfarts and pinches that Letang has been having this tournament. He stood up Skille, I think, and sprung the puck for Letang and Downie, who scored the first goal. Great stuff.

Letang needs to pay more attention to his back end game though.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Haven't heard too much from Chorney. Heard his name at the end there, but other than that, thats about it. Jack Johnson, everyone lets you know he has the puck.:biglaugh:

Has Lee been on the ice much? His ice time was limited last game. It sounds like they're continuing to give the Johnsons a ton of ice time though, so, I'm guessing not much.

PMP5030

Apr 25, 2004
RIGHT BEHIND YOU
Sigh... Jack Johnson had a big problem last year at Michigan pinching in and leading to odd-man rushes the other way. He's actually been much better this year in his discipline and positioning. He's an emotional player and he's probably too wound up again, which is when he gets in trouble.

And as someone who gets to see Zatkoff fairly regularly, he's really good for Miami. I thought coming in he should get the #1 over Frazee, who's been pretty mediocre for Minnesota. But Zatkoff seems to be reacting slow to the plays, not sure what his problem is, definately fighting his game right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad