WJC: Dec 26 GDT - Sweden vs. Canada

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Canada looked very bad on the PP. Plus, they have now shown any solid puck movement in the offensive zone. They need to get their rythm into it, because right now, they haven't looked comfortable.

Price has looked confident out there. Always prone to a softie, but as of now, he's been solid.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
for Sweden, I liked the first periods of Joel Gistedt (goalie) and especially defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson.

Riddarn

1980-2011
Aug 2, 2003
Decent first period by the swedes. If they can keep this play up then I'm sure the numbers won't be too embarassing. As long as they play reasonably entertaining and don't waste too much energy on this game I'm satisfied. Gotto save something for the Slovaks and Germans, those are the teams we have to beat.

KRM

Jun 9, 2005
Gothenburg
Too bad Canada got that deflection in net.

And why the hell isn't this game in HD? Great that it is in widescreen but why not HD?

emb24*

both teams started strong. sweden looks like they can skate a bit - not sure they're in Canada's league but they seem to lack finish - that may be because Canada is exceptionally strong on D...canada seems to have some problems positionally on the pp because of the size of the rink and speed of the boards. we did take over late as sweden is having problems with our speed and transition game..
it is the first 'real' game for both teams so team chemistry is a factor - though we do have 11 guys back this year

Telecaster

Aug 18, 2005
Stockholm
He looks like a mess to me.
Caughing the puck up, fanning on great chances and isn't finishing his checks. He just got a lot of icetime.

Some nice saves early by Price, especially on Sweden's first PP chance.

Well, i think he was pretty good. My eyes are on the TV and the Computer so maybe i missed some. :)

BloodOnIce

Dec 10, 2006
Canada
It looked like the Swedish coach told his players to take the body and set the tone in the first.

...I'd like to see Canada playing more of their own game in the third; FINISH YOUR CHECKS BOYS!

emb24*

It looked like the Swedish coach told his players to take the body and set the tone in the first.

...I'd like to see Canada playing more of their own game in the third; FINISH YOUR CHECKS BOYS!

dude, you mean the 2nd, we have to play the 2nd before the 3rd
:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->