WJC Bronze Medal Game: Jan 5 GDT - Sweden vs. USA

emb24*

I have no problem with the penalty, but odds are that it wouldn´t have been a penalty if an american had done the same thing on a Swedish player.

oh give me a freakin' break with the conspiracy theories. you must be from latvia.
anyway backstrom landed a nice elbow/forearm shiver to the back of one of the yanks head. he went coconut first into the glass. 2 minutes and under iihf rules, a head shot also warrants 10 misconduct

Kaktus*

One call can change evrything... USA were given in Finlands game and Swedes game.

and I am not talking about last penalty on Backstrom

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The more i watch sweden play, the more I think their coach doesn´t know what he´s doing.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
5 on 3 pp for Sweden coming up (semi-dive by Swedish forward), Bäckström ready to go

tiz

Oct 27, 2006
Nova Scotia
Jack Johnson is going to be a heck of a d-man in the NHL... Reminding me of Rob Blake in this tourny. He's looked like a man playing with boys in terms of physical play.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Every time I think Johnson is ready to be in the NHL, he does something boneheaded like that.

USA looking sharp on the PK. I'm just tuning in now.

emb24*

Wow sweden's special teams, and 'special' being the defining word here, as in special education...what is up with the Swedish coaching? 5 on 3..the US collapses their triangle and the D doesn't move in an inch, the passes are not fast or crisp..where's the urgency?

Kaktus*

Swedes head coach took a time out? lol

You guys need coach.. Watching it in French so I caould not tell

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Not that I disagree with you, but what should he do differently?

Adjust.

You can´t have your defenseman taking a slapshot right into someone´s shinpads on a 5-3. With five americans collapsing to the front of the net all the time you won´t score with a guy below the with the puck, two guys standing on the outside and two defenseman standing on the blueline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad