WJC Bronze Medal Game: Jan 5 GDT - Sweden vs. USA

Kaktus*

if not for that BS call this is a very even game....

It's a damn shame.

evegoe

May 23, 2003
St. Paul, Minnesota
Visit site
I lost my RDS.ca video feed when my computer crashed... and now when I go back I get a preview screen for the gold medal game. Anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: FYI firefox brings you to the gold medal screen... IE 7 worked for loading the current stream.

Foy

Jun 6, 2006
I lost my RDS.ca video feed when my computer crashed... and now when I go back I get a preview screen for the gold medal game. Anyone have any ideas?

refresh?

Are you using the link from the first post in the thread? It wouldn't work for me in Firefox, but it's working fine in IE.

CapsWolverinesUSA

Jan 3, 2007
I don't think Okposo is NHL ready, he needs to bulk up and get stronger on the puck.

If you have seen him at Minnesota this season, you would be wondering why the Islanders didn't sign him before the season. He has been dominant. Absolutely awesome. Physical, skilled, scoring in bunches, etc.

For some reason, he doesn't look like the same player in this tournament, and I'm not sure why.

Fabs

Dec 19, 2005
Feel bad for the Swedes, the US was gifted that 2nd goal.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
ouch, bäckström out for 2+10 minutes. stupid play by Bäckström. what was he thinking?

john g

Mar 6, 2002
Korbi
score one for Center Ice carrying the game!! wasnt listed but I just turned on channel 622 and voila!!!!

Ribban

May 16, 2005
USA
Feel bad for the Swedes, the US was gifted that 2nd goal.

IMO, they are taking themselves out of this game. Sure, the Backstrom penalty maybe should have been let go of or taken both players, but he was stupid to do what he did regardless (If he's thinking about playing in the NHL with any success, he better knock that off). Plus, they've gotten away with several dirty hits (gloves high) and slashes.

They have themselves to blame. I hope they pick up the tempo in the third.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Man, I've heard so many F-Bombs from players on that ice lol where's the mute button on those audio feeds!

CapsWolverinesUSA

Jan 3, 2007
higher level of competition perhaps?

I mean, I guess that's part of it maybe. But that doesn't explain his struggles against Germany and Slovakia. Those two teams have definitively less talent than the good college teams he plays. So, I think it's more than that.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Bäckstrom is frustrated. I would be too if people pegged him as the best player in the tournament, and he performes like an unmotivated talentless hack.

CapsWolverinesUSA

Jan 3, 2007
What exactly happened on the backstrom penalty?

Pretty textbook illegal hit from behind. Drove Skille's head into the dasher pretty hard. Wasn't ultra-violent, but it was an obvious call. The 10 minutes is required by rule when called for a hit from behind.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Pretty textbook illegal hit from behind. Drove Skille's head into the dasher pretty hard. Wasn't ultra-violent, but it was an obvious call. The 10 minutes is required by rule when called for a hit from behind.

I have no problem with the penalty, but odds are that it wouldn´t have been a penalty if an american had done the same thing on a Swedish player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->