WJC All-Star team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
So, with the gold medal game Monday, I think we can start to decide who makes the all-star team. It's probably going to be dominated by North American players as Canada and the US seemed to be in a class of their own in this tournament.

Goalie:
Al Montoya. Leads all goalies in goals against average as well as save percentage and played in all his team's games.

Defence:
Dion Phaneuf. He's been a "monster" (a McGuirism :) ) for Canada. Solid defensively and showed me an offensive part to his game I didn't know he even had.

Sami Lepisto. Leads the tournament in scoring by a D-man as well as +/- amongst D-men. Granted, didn't see him play much as I was limited to the Canadian games, but he seems like a fair choice.

Offence:

Zach Parise. Far and away the biggest offensive threat in the tournament, IMO. Always generates something out there. I thought he may have been overhyped, but he looks like the real deal.

Anthony Stewart. Best power forward in the tourney. Not afraid to get down and dirty and something always happens when he's on the ice.

Jeff Carter. Very imposing. Almost impossible to move from in front of the net and his line has been crushing opponents into jam all tourney.

Granted, some of these may change depending on the outcomes of the two medal games, but I think this is a pretty fair all-star team. I wish I could have seen more of the non-Canadian games so I wouldn't just have to go by stats and game reports.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
The Albino said:
So, with the gold medal game Monday, I think we can start to decide who makes the all-star team. It's probably going to be dominated by North American players as Canada and the US seemed to be in a class of their own in this tournament.

Goalie:
Al Montoya. Leads all goalies in goals against average as well as save percentage and played in all his team's games.

Defence:
Dion Phaneuf. He's been a "monster" (a McGuirism :) ) for Canada. Solid defensively and showed me an offensive part to his game I didn't know he even had.

Sami Lepisto. Leads the tournament in scoring by a D-man as well as +/- amongst D-men. Granted, didn't see him play much as I was limited to the Canadian games, but he seems like a fair choice.

Offence:

Zach Parise. Far and away the biggest offensive threat in the tournament, IMO. Always generates something out there. I thought he may have been overhyped, but he looks like the real deal.

Anthony Stewart. Best power forward in the tourney. Not afraid to get down and dirty and something always happens when he's on the ice.

Jeff Carter. Very imposing. Almost impossible to move from in front of the net and his line has been crushing opponents into jam all tourney.

Granted, some of these may change depending on the outcomes of the two medal games, but I think this is a pretty fair all-star team. I wish I could have seen more of the non-Canadian games so I wouldn't just have to go by stats and game reports.

Do they simply pick 3 forwards, or do they choose one from each forward position? I was under the impression that it's the later option.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal
Epsilon said:
Do they simply pick 3 forwards, or do they choose one from each forward position? I was under the impression that it's the later option.

Hmmm Good point. Didn't even think of that :) Anyone have the answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->