GDT: WJC 2022 Dec 23 Pre-Tournament, 4 games!

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
It’s the most wonderful time of the year!

5 games today, so everybody is playing. There might be games tomorrow also but I haven’t seen a schedule to confirm or deny that.

All times local (mountain time, it’s 10 am right now, so the first game is in 2 hours!)

Finland vs USA at noon (TSN5)
Slovakia vs Germany at 2pm
Russia vs Canada at 5pm (TSN5)
Czechia vs Switzerland at 5pm canceled
Austria vs Sweden at 8pm

Should be some good matchups today as everyone gets ready for the ones that count on Dec 26th.

Last edited:

Ambassador Bridge

Apr 19, 2004
It’s the most wonderful time of the year!

5 games today, so everybody is playing. There might be games tomorrow also but I haven’t seen a schedule to confirm or deny that.

All times local (mountain time, it’s 10 am right now, so the first game is in 2 hours!)

Finland vs USA at noon
Slovakia vs Germany at 2pm
Russia vs Canada at 5pm
Czechia vs Switzerland at 5pm
Austria vs Sweden at 8pm

Should be some good matchups today as everyone gets ready for the ones that count on Dec 26th.
Any televised?

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
No games tomorrow. Each team is to play just one game today before the tournament starts. Final rosters have to be announced before December 26th, may include 22 skaters + 3 goalies.

Reactions: BigRangy

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Sounds like only will be the two Edmonton games. I’m not sure TSN is even set up to broadcast the red deer games, therefore, no one can watch them except in person

I would imagine they're likely set up for Red Deer for the 2 games in the main arena there since they're broadcasting games from there in 3 days. I doubt they have the broadcast team ready though. I assume the main crew went into the bubble in time to broadcast the regular pre tournament as initially scheduled, and the secondary crew only will be there in time to start on Boxing day since they weren't planning on needing a second crew for the pre tournament.

The Czechia/Swiss game for sure wouldn't have any kind of broadcast equipment since that's in a 3rd arena entirely.

king89

Dec 4, 2018
Do anyone know if you will be able to watch this later too or is it only live?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Can someone send me a link I'm at work.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Finlands top guys created the goal. Niemela let go a hard shot that couldn't be controlled, then the top line knocked it around the crease until it went in

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
USA looks like they are waiting for Trevor Zegras to show up..... Yikes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->