Prospect Info: Pre WJC Discussion

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think it's possible. When you watch him he does a lot. He is big and skilled and plays like a C. It's just so disappointing that he doesn't put up the numbers.

Should play in the world juniors again this year I imagine. Hopefully the Sweds have talent for him to play with and we get to see his game and how he can play against players his own age. Not counting on him being a offensive dominate force at this stage.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Im wondering if Houde will get an invite for the super serie if Lapierre is still out with a concusion, watched him against Drummondville the other night and was really impressed, was a monster in the dot winning about all his faceoffs, was so dominant that his coach was sending him to take the defensive zone ones and then come back to the bench... Kid has great speed, easily one of the best skaters in the Q and I was pleasantly surprised by his hands, thats quick and soft... Houde plays a solid enough 200 ft game, I really enjoyed to watch him and will probably attend his next game against the Cats...

He started to produce at a higher level just after the rosters were annonced for the super serie so hopefully he is the next one in line if someone is hurt...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Im wondering if Houde will get an invite for the super serie if Lapierre is still out with a concusion, watched him against Drummondville the other night and was really impressed, was a monster in the dot winning about all his faceoffs, was so dominant that his coach was sending him to take the defensive zone ones and then come back to the bench... Kid has great speed, easily one of the best skaters in the Q and I was pleasantly surprised by his hands, thats quick and soft... Houde plays a solid enough 200 ft game, I really enjoyed to watch him and will probably attend his next game against the Cats...

He started to produce at a higher level just after the rosters were annonced for the super serie so hopefully he is the next one in line if someone is hurt...

they haven't announced anything yet in regards to Lapierre as they have updated the rosters a few days ago, it's post here,

CIBC Canada/Russia Series

The Q games are on Monday and Tuesday so we should hear something this weekend at the latest.

Reactions: Goldenhands

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Now if they could just find a spot for Hillis on Team OHL, we would be set.

Just saw that the Hawks called up Boqvist and they have 8 healthy D so perhaps he is there to stay. If so that could be very good news for Norlinder and his chances to make Team Sweden assuming the Hawks don't loan him which of course they still might unless maybe if they end up trading one of the D as it was said Seabrook was pissed that he was a healthy scratch again.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Monday starts the CHL-Russia series, here's Team Russia's roster,

Team Russia's roster

Goaltenders:
Amir Miftakhov (Ak Bars Kazan)
Daniil Isayev (Lokomotiv Yaroslavl)
Gleb Nosov (Metallurg Magnitogorsk)

Defencemen:
Gleb Babintsev (Metallurg Magnitogorsk)
Mikhail Gordeyev (HC Sochi, Sochi)
Anton Malyshev (Lokomotiv Yaroslavl)
Stepan Ostrovsky (Admiral Vladivostok)
Daniil Pylenkov (Vityaz Podolsk)
Sergei Telegin (Ugra Khanty-Mansiysk)
Daniil Valitov (Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg)
Nikita Zorkin (SKA St. Peterburg)

Forwards:
Rodion Amirov (Salavat Yulaev Ufa)
Maxim Groshev (Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk)
Lev Komissarov (CSKA Moscow)
Ilya Kruglov (Dynamo Moscow)
Vladislav Mikhailov (Dynamo Moscow)
Ivan Morozov (SKA St. Peterburg)
Vasili Podkolzin (SKA St. Peterburg)
Nikita Rtishchev (CSKA Moscow)
Pavel Rotenberg (Dynamo St. Peterburg)
Danil Savunov (SKA St. Peterburg)
Zakhar Shablovskii (Spartak Moscow)
Maxim Sorkin (CSKA Moscow)
Yegor Stepanov (Traktor Chelyabinsk)

QMJHL players on Team Russia:
Nikita Alexandrov (Charlottetown Islanders)
Alexander Khovanov (Moncton Wildcats)
Egor Sokolov (Cape Breton Eagles)
Dmitry Zavgorodniy (Rimouski Oceanic)

OHL players on Team Russia:
Egor Afanasyev (Windsor Spitfires) – Game 3 only
Nikita Okhotyuk (Ottawa 67’s)

WHL players on Team Russia:
Egor Zamula (Calgary Hitmen)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
kind of sloppy play to start from both sides but to be expected. Houde you can see he's got the skating/speed at least unlike some of the other forwards we drafted in that '18 draft.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Nice little fleury from the Q to end the period. Too bad they didn't bury one. Lavoie looks good

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Q have taken over. They don't have much star power but I've been impressed with the effort tonight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->